Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 1 November 2010

Blog Title- Real values - What shall it profit a man- or woman?...

This title text on my blog is one that has come to mean a lot to me. So I think it is good to write about it on my very first post. I have done it a number of times now and in a number of ways, but the reason why this means a lot to me is because this particular one was bought by the lady who ran the local Art Show here in town and it was only one of five sold at that very big exhibition. It was a mixed media exhibition and there were not many calligraphy pieces She said she loved the colours but also the words as she was fighting cancer at the time. I praise God for this lady.
The words are very special and as she said at the time, these word's of Jesus show us where the rubber meets the road in life, we really evaluate what is important in life (and in the one to come).
I also enjoy seeing it every time I visit one of my best friends here, as she has this one here at left and on my blog title at her front door.
How wonderful to be greeted in this way!
I executed it initially in 1994, and only have very poor faded photo of it, in black ink, watercolours and aluminium leaf. This is used instead of silver (which tarnishes) in illuminated work, but it is very difficult to work with, it is not at all forgiving like the gold leaf. The more recent two examples are done in gold leaf ink, Caran D'Ache Pencil, then raised with many layers of glue size, to build it up to give 3D effect.
May we all take time to ponder the importance of these words of the Lord Jesus, as He speaks to each of us - it will help to keep life with a real perspective.
Thanks for stopping by everyone and may God bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in oz.x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shaz!! I finally found where to make a comment! I wasn't looking far enough to the bottom of the blog! I love what you have done so far - beautiful work! I'll be checking back from time to time. God Bless you in your new endeavor. Deb at www.scrapbookingdeb.com

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks so much Deb, should have told you that and hey! everyone, this is where I get great deals on cuttlebug folders great website run by a great lady, Shaz.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...