Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Three Challenges -> Brayer On Cuttlebug Folders!

This card is going to cover two challenges hopefully both the Our Daily Bread, and also one for the ABC Christmas Challenge.

Components & Method of card:
Silver Vellum base on Ivory cardstock was topped with a brayered folder- extra large Snowflake folder from the Winter Wonderland set.
I brayered the folder with blue dye ink, to do it on the embossed side - not the debossed side.You brayer it on the side which has Cuttlebug printed on it and it should come out embossed.

It does look nice on debossed as well so don’t stress if you get it wrong, a couple of mine work back the front I found. Make sure it is brayered smoothly and evenly before putting the cardstock through the cuttlebug. Allow to dry, and then I sprayed it with Silver Cosmic shimmer spray.This softens the effect beautifully and makes it very snow-like.

Allowed this to dry then it was mounted on black card stock. For the mesh under the Christmas  ODB Greeting I only had white mesh, and I wanted it to be silvered also. So I sprayed it with the shimmer mist as well. Stamped the greeting on Labels 4, I embossed it whilst still in Nestie in powder blue and mounted on black; also mounted it on the Glitter cardstock in Ivory as needed Blue and Ivory for the first challenge. 

I then mounted these on the card and cut out a Nestie Create a flake in similar toned Mirri card and topped this with some snowflake brads and sprinkled around some Bling on the snowflakes!! 

If you want to see a lot more explaining about how to brayer on cuttlebug folders check out the full details on a previous post I did HERE!
The two Daily Bread challenges are: 

1.Challenge ODBDSLC51 - see here  Use at least two of the colours pink, blue, ivory or yellow. There can be other colours but these must be the main. (I chose Blue and Ivory)

2.Stamping In Time: On Assignment Challenge(SNTODBD29)! The assignment is Our Daily Bread Design stamps.  The challenge this time is "Christmas!"  No, we are not celebrating Christmas in February, but we are going to start working on our Christmas 2011 cards

3.The third challenge is for the ABC Christmas Challenge 
This fortnight we have come to the letter E, and the theme chosen is:
Embossing and use 3 different Embellishments.You can go for dry embossing or heat embossing. The choice is yours.
I used brads, bling, and create a flake Nesties, plus the silvered mesh so guess that makes four, hope that's okay!

Was quite happy in the end but chopped and change my mind so many times in the creating, as I did not want to hide the brayered effect too much. I do love it!

May God bless your day in every way,
Shaz in Oz.x

PS as per Hazel's suggested comment below I have taken up her kind offer have also entered this card in her Challenge.
See:
"Hazel said...This is a beautiful, very classy card. You might like to also enter it into my CHNC challenge 10 which this week is also asking for the use of embossing - and there's a random prize this week x"

11 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Lovely Shaz. I have been trying to find one of those brayer things for a while but no luck. Not looking in the right places yet but love the way this works. xo

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Holly, I will pop over to your blog but in case you come back or anyone else wants to know.. here is link for a brayer and they have free post to Oz.
Shaz.x
PS have heaps of how to links too if anyone wants just email me. click on my profile and my email link is there.
http://www.joannasheen.co.uk/craft-supplies/speedball-popin-4inch-brayer/

Betty Wright said...

Shaz, this is wonderful! Love the snowflakes and the sparkle detailing! Wonderful sentiment and Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge! Beautifully done!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Shaz!! I just love your snowflakes and all the textures on your creation. Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Shaz, this is stunning !! I love the texture and the way those snowflakes just pop!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Hazel said...

This is a beautiful, very classy card. You might like to also enter it into my CHNC challenge 10 which this week is also asking for the use of embossing - and there's a random prize this week x

Hazel said...

Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 10 - hope to see you back again next week. x

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Eileen said...

Oh wow .... I got here at last ... wot a stunner! I have had look at the other cards posted too!( while my internet is behaving!!) I must agree with you about ikki ..... it's because of her blog that I am blogging and her work/hints/tips are a great inspiration ..... and so are you,my mate!! I have still not opened my seascape stamps yet .... don't know why, I just can't get motivated with the brayer again yet .... my brayer mojo will return I am sure ..... I am enjoying myself and that's all that matters ..... life is short .... thinking constantly of those people in Christchurch and now Japan ... take care..... love the comments you leave me .... many thanks xx

Dorte said...

Your card is so beautiful and elegant, I love all about it.Thank you for taking part at the challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Hugs Dorte

Anonymous said...

Hey Hunny! Thanks for coming to play at the ABC Christmas challenge, your card is soooo pretty! hugs Samantha :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...