Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 4 May 2011

WOYWW - What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 100

Today is another WOYWW and number 100 … Mind you I have not been here for the 100 of them! I did not even know what a blog was when this all begun. Only discovered blogging just over 12 months ago... 
 Here is the latest update on the text of Ephesians 4 verse 32, still not finished but on the homeward run now. I work in mostly gouache (which I mix on the messy piece of card to the right of the screen - have used this piece for about ten years!). I also use some watercolours as you can see and to make sure I get the blending and colouring right I use a clip on magnifier glass (bottom right). I found this gem at Aldi and love it. I have done most of the colours and using the tabernacle colours here of blue purple crimson and gold.
These were the colours used in the OT when making the tabernacle and in the 1950's book ("Illuminated Texts and How To make Them" by C Willis & G Houghton) I used to learn my illuminated work they give the meaning as described. The top line blue is showing the work of the Spirit (Be ye kind) as the blues shows the Spirit, the  purple and Gold shows God’s deity and God the Father, and the crimson shows the blood and the Son of God so used the crimson for the last line and purple/gold for the middle line referring to God. I pray much about layout and colours. I have yet to put in the rest of the colours on the vine-work and apply the gold leaf. And yes! By God’s grace it will be finished in time for our mother’s day this Sunday (not my mother but a friend ordered it).

I have a new monkey Mrs A.! Here is my latest visitor from the UK - my family were over this week past (boo hoo! heading back today!) and they brought me a pressie of a "Deer" monkey (he has a reindeer jumper) as I have called him, here are the two of them!! And aren’t they just the cutest? they now ride around together in my car and they think it is nice to have playmates!



 
A quick card I did end of last week…I brayered Hydrangea Big Juicy pad with the lovely Leaves & Butterflies K Kingdom Embossing folder 129 from  Fat Cats Card Corner , put it through bug and the sprayed with Diamond dust Glimmer Mist, cut out oval and scallop oval in Magenta pink Mirri cardstock. Mounted on pale pink cardstock and adorned with Marianne Creatables Cutting Dies Butterflies in matching Mirri card and used Orchid craft Roses and pins for extras…oh and forgot! I used the Nellie Snellen border lace doiley die as well on the bottom!

Happy WOYWW everyone and do pop over to Julia’s blog, Julia's Stamping Ground! for the best blog hop around! 

Apologies now if I run late with my comments hop as must simply finish this text first but will get there if a little late!!

53 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are SO talented. I'm in awe of everything you make. Happy WOYWW from # 6 this week.

Cathy said...

Stunning work, and I love those monkeys!
happy Wednesday,
Cathy xx

Neet said...

Your illuminated text is a joy to behold. Love seeing how it is progressing.
Lucky you with the Monkeys, they are adorable and so glad they got on well once they were introduced.
Love how you have done the card, especially the shades with the border die.
Thanks, Hugs, Neet #14

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i am in awe! your project is beautiful! how wonderful that even the colors have meanings! so inspiring!

Elaine Harding said...

What patience you have - the calligraphy looks beautiful and "Deer" is adorable! TFS xx

jude said...

Love your creation and the colours are beautiful.You sure can get some bargains at Aldi stores !Love the monkeys .Happy Woyww 100
hugs judex28

akilli melek said...

your project is looking fantastic, please let us see the finished article. It is so nice to have a piece of art that has been lovingly worked on. I know the recipient mother will just adore it!
caroline #12

Sarpreet said...

Beautiful calligraphy, cute cuddly toys, gorgeosu card, Thank you for sharing your workspace, Happy WOYWW 100, Wow! Has it really been 100 weeks! (#3)

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow your calligraphy piece is looking stunning already and I love the card you have made. Hope the monkeys enjoy it in Oz!

Dragon said...

Awww... great monkey!!! Sorry your family has gone away, but bet you loved it when they were with you, and thanks for the update on your piece... it's fabulous, and coming along so well.. congrats on pole again!!!
Frankie
xx

MaudMartha said...

Hi Shaz, you've had a busy week and beautiful projects you've been working on. Glad you had a good time with your relatives. Love Teresa x

Helen said...

You've hit no 1 again - well done. Am amazed all over again this week at your text. can't wait to see the finished work.

Sid said...

Fab stuff !!

Ciara said...

Wow, your calligraphy piece is stunning. You have such a talent Shaz.

Love those little sock monkeys, we used to have one but Ellie pinched it and decided to do some 'surgery' and we ended up with a lot of little beads all over the carpet!!

Happy 100th WOYWW :-)

karen said...

Wow, your piece is turning out so beautiful! Amazing talent you have! And the "quick" card you made is gorgeous! Productive week you have had and with visitors too!
xoxo Karen #55

Ali said...

Oh wow! Your illuminated text is just beautiful! You're very talented. :)

I used to do calligraphy many years ago, though nowhere near your level! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Ali #41

Caroline Hallett said...

Goodness me - what an amazing piece of work you are working on - love the monkeys too x

Angie said...

That card is beautifully made ....so much work ... wonderful result. Every week you script passage blows me away as it developes before us.

Neil said...

Hi there, your calligraphy is coming on beautifully. Thank you for sharing about the reason for the colours you used it is fab to know that, it makes it so meaningful! Welcome too to monkey number two! I'm sure he'll settle in well! Have a lovely day.

Sarah said...

Great to see this piece growing each time and those buddies look very happy together...

Thanks for sharing your space,

Sarah at 4

Kathleen said...

Wow... Shaz you are an amazing talent, I'm in awe of the illuminated text, beautiful work. I have a book on illuminated text maybe I should blow the dust of it.
Kathleen x

sandra de said...

Congrats on #1 again well done. Your calligraphy piece is stunning and it is lovely to see how it has progressed since last week. YOur card is beautiful and your little monkey so sweet.

Elizabeth said...

Morning Shaz, love your text - the colouring is beautiful and enjoyed reading your explanation for the use of the colours and their meanings. I knew some of it from Art History studies but it is nice to be reminded. Your new monkey is adorable - they look cute together. We've got a few furry passengers too. Love the card and the techniques you have used - the butterflies are really pretty. If the text doesn't keep you busy have a great week. Elizabeth x #38

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

How do you manage to get to No 1 each week? Very clever. I do like that card with the brayering -it is so pretty.

Glenda said...

This is coming right along and getting more gorgeous with each little glimpse! You do such beautiful work...I'm drooling as we speak! Love the card too....butterflies.....Love them!

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful scripture piece! Thanks for the snoop :)

Morti said...

Fabulous work Shaz! How long does it usually take you to do an illumination like that? I might have some PAID work to put your way?!

Happy WOYWW 100!

Lionelsa said...

The colored sentence looks adorable.
Hugs #69

Sassy Scrapper said...

You did a fabulous job with your coloring. Such talent thanks for sharing WOYWW.
hUGS Bonnie

Pam said...

My goodness! What a collection of work - the illuminated text is stunning and the monkeys so cute. Congrats on #1! WOYWW is 100 and I'm 23 ;)

shazsilverwolf said...

Beautiful desk as always, I am so in awe of your calligraphy skills- you always produce stunning pieces of work. Happy WOYWW, Shaz

Tertia said...

WOW Shaz, your work is amazing! One day when I am big, I want to be able to do that. Your card is great too.

Hettie said...

WOW! That text is looking fabulous and I cannot believe you are giving it away!! You can send it to me if you wish!! LOL! Love your "quick" card too!
Hope your monkeys remain friends and do not get into too much mischief!!
Hugs

Andria said...

Your illuminated text is GORGEOUS! What talent!

fairy thoughts said...

beautifull work, you are very talented
janet

Julia Dunnit said...

Breathtaking Shaz, and so interesting about the colours. Lovely to see you using a 10 year old scrap of card!! There's a blog by Monkey and his chum Darrell Mumsmonkey.blogspot.com - go visit, your monkeys will love it!

Sparkly Engineer said...

You illuminated text knocked my socks off

SueH said...

Your work looks to be progressing nicely Shaz, the colours are just stunning.

Happy Crafting
Sue
X

Mrs A. said...

Your Calligraphy is amazing. Such detail. Hi to "Deer". He really is sweet and I can see he has taken a shne to Monkey. Mine is still AWOL.
Hugs Mrs A. #128

Sally Morgan said...

Incredible work Shaz, you truly are gifted! I love your card, so fresh and the monkeys are super cute.
Thank you for sharing.
*hugs*
Sal x

Trish said...

I did comment and then IE closed so here goes again,a gorgeous card Shaz...so pleased you had a great time with your family

Sue said...

Your art is superb!!! Beautiful!

okienurse said...

Beautiful card! Love the new monkey! Thanks for sharing. Vickie aka Okienurse #36

Clare said...

WoW Your calligraphy is coming on really well and I love your little monkeys. Happy WOYWW 100! Love, Clare x

minnie_mac said...

You illuminated text work is beautiful.

Marilyn

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Your calligraphy piece is beautiful and sure has came along since last week. Love those monkeys.
Happy WOYWW #136

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi Shaz,

The calligraphy is looking so beautiful - can't wait to see it when it is finished! Been thinking of you. I love the idea of the magnifier - I'll have to check out my local Aldi for it.

Gorgeous card too - I can't seem to master my brayer - maybe I am using the wrong type of ink or cardstock? Or I am too impatient LOL!

Sorry I have dropped off the radar the past 2 weeks - been sick among other things + mojo gone walkabout. Hope to catch up soon - maybe after you get your order finished for Mother's Day.

Kirsty.A said...

I adore your calligraphy I haven't done any for sooo long. Lovely card too. If you ever find yourself in Northern France, you should visit the Scriptorial in Avranches. Amazing illuminated manuscripts from Mont St Michel

voodoo vixen said...

When I see your calligraphy I wish I had learned it years ago, it is beautiful. So is your card and the monkeys are simply cute as cute can be!! Annette #25

Joyce across the Pond said...

Another Masterpiece Sharon...it is simply beautiful...rest easy now.....

Jan Hennings said...

Love this verse and your card is stunning!

Spyder said...

AW, what fun, Mra A's Monkey will be able to visit! Love the cards Sorry Very late last weeks woyww!
(Lyn)

Hettie said...

I see I commented on this post at the time when Deer Monkey arrived!! LOL!! That was before I rescued mine from a car boot sale!! Mine also had those sticky pad things attached to his paws but we removed those - very carefully and he didn't make a sound when I did it - brave Monkey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...