Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 18 May 2011

WOYWW - What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 102

Well, another big BLINK!! and here we are ready for another mid week blog hop on WOYWW, starting over at our hostess’ Julia’s blog for link up at to all the wonderfully inspiring desks around the world... Come and join in the fun at Julia's Stamping Ground!

   Not a great deal doing on my desk this week, I am working on a small text which is an order for a very dear friend. I really love this verse and would not mind one myself...my trouble is I do them for me, and end up giving them away!

 
This one is nearly on the homeward run, just finishing the last few layers of build up with glue size for the raised gold leaf. I actually did this one in my post before Christmas when I did seven at once see here.
 
I have made two cards which were started on last weeks desk and are an order for a very patient lady who is my very best customer when it comes to cards. You take back one order and she has another one waiting ready for you.

What a blessing she is too, thinking so much of others, a very giving soul in her 80’s.. I just love precious folks like that. 

This three panel card style with the Aspire stamp I first saw on Shaz Silverwolfs blog -You can see Shaz Silverwolf’s brilliant cards with this stamp here and here and here.
I did these ones with my brayer of course and the Penny Black Aspire card. I have found a really amazing paper to use with brayer work.. it is called Kromcote, and I bought in Oz at this link here  at Stamp It in WA. The lady over there was just amazingly helpful - totally recommend them. Now not sure where it is made, probably the USA, and it really is good. I always use glossy card and believe two things are important with brayer work:
1. light gentle touch 
2. right paper (and ink) - the paper can make or beak the end result, as can the pressure you put on the brayer. I have watched heaps of You Tube videos before starting to do it and as I  have said before this lady Sandy Hulsart is the best! This post on my blog has a some tips if you want more.

May God bless you day everyone and a very happy WOYWW!
Shaz in oz.x 


PS for those who thought I posted early it was Wednesday here - we are are just 15 hours ahead of you in UK.!  your 6am is our 3pm...You will see Wednesday on the post above :D not Tuesday.

38 comments:

Sally Morgan said...

Wow Shaz, you're quick off the mark this week! It's only 4.30 in the afternoon here in the UK!
I'm so glad to see another beautiful calligraphy piece on your desk to follow :)
Those 3 panel cards of yours are just gorgeous, I love them.
Thank you for sharing.
*hugs* Sal x

Kirsty.A said...

You're 7 hours early!
Lovely work

Dragon said...

Your calligraphy piece is coming nicely... smaller than the last one!! The cards and brayering are fab
Frankie
xx

Elaine Harding said...

Hiya Shaz - I love the 3 panel cards - my favourite colour's blue - looks fab.#4

Cathy said...

Fab projects, love those three paneled creations. Happy Wednesday,
Cathy xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great Cards :)
Happy Woywwing
Jennie #2

MaudMartha said...

Hi Shaz, A very tidy desk this week,I just love those panelled cards they're so effective. Your day has almost finished and here in the UK mine is only just beginning. Strange thought isn't it. Happy what's left of Wednesday. Teresa x

Helen said...

those time zones.....!! Love your cards, they are beautiful, I am not surprised you get loads of orders.

donnalouiserodgers said...

I don't know what day it is, but I do know lovely art when I see it, your work is so careful and considered and beautifully executed, I really like your precision.

Never in a million years could I be so patient with my work.

Dx

Unknown said...

The cards are wonderful but love your calligraphy pen work looks fab

love Dawn xx

JoZart Designs said...

Exquisite cards, so perfect in every way! Happy WOYWW...
Love joZarty x

Kathleen said...

I just so love your calligraphy projects, between yourself and the scrptorium on Lindisfarne which we visited last week I would love to try for myself. Not that I would be able to work to your standard but it will be fun trying.
Kathleen.

Unknown said...

Early? Late? Who cares! Those cards are stunning! Have a good Wednesday ... or have you done that already :0)

sandra de said...

Thanks for working out how far ahead we are even though we are down under! Beautiful cards.

Sunshine Girl said...

Fabulous crards - there is an art to brayering isnt there - I find I am ok if I make loads at once but once I dont use the brayer for a while I have to have a few practice runs to get back in the swing of it. Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl No. 40

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

Those 3 panel cards are beautiful - they are so effective!
That calligraphy is stunning too, I'm sure your friend will love it!
Have a happy day
Rebecca (51)x

Belinda Basson said...

As always, I love to see what you are working on and I must agree that that verse is also one of my faves.

Sarn said...

Fab cards. Me and my brayer are not friends, but with your lovely results and having watched the You Tube video, I think I may try for a reconciliation!

Hugs, Sandra Take a peek at MY DESK here

Anonymous said...

Another lovely piece in the making Shaz, and those cards are great. I don't own a brayer but I love the look. And you're right, I posted my nephews card on Monday but took the desk photo on Sunday afternoon!

Hugs
Brenda 84

Glenda said...

I just love everything you do...so much talent here! Happy WOYWW!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Love your brayered cards, really lovely, no wonder your customer is a repeater! More beauty in calligraphy there,what a sight for sore eyes.

shazsilverwolf said...

Shaz I love your colour schemes for the brayering- I do love these panelled cards too!Can't believe how much fun I have making them, and thank you for linking to me. Thanks too for your visits last week- I really am amazed at how much trouble blogger was- so many comments kept disappearing. Have a great day, Shaz #116

The Crafty Elf said...

Your three panel cards are just lovely Shaz and your calligraphy is fantastic! TFS

Spyder said...

Love the tones on your cards. fab snoop! Happy WOYWW
(Lyn)

Terry said...

Your cards are beautiful. I want to go to my desk now and make at least one! Thanks for the inspiration.

Terry #129

Andria said...

Your paneled cards are beautiful...all of your work is! Happy WOYWW!

Melita said...

Such beautiful pieces!

Spyder said...

yay! yes, I got my tip from a Do-Crafts demonstrator about five years ago, before I really got into crafting the way I do now. I thought it was a really good idea and have posted it on forums before, and the lady on the craft TV show this morning was actually doing it and recommending it this morning. Wish it was my Idea, but I have a very small brain! My next Tuesday's tip, is recycling or using things that weren't meant to be used for crafting, things like this are usually a lot cheaper, stick a crafting name on it and it doubles in price! Have a great week, ((Lyn))

Mrs A. said...

Love the panel cards. How different they look just by changing the colours. Supberb. Thankyou for your kind words. I have released Monkey and he is off sulking in a corner somewhere. Up to no good I expect. Hugs Mrs A. #65

jude said...

Your cards are stunninghun!I dont use melt pot for my beeswax use a heat gun just as good.Also if you go to pound thrift store i managed to get realy small thick based wok it's tiny but i have also used that for other bits.Generally use heat gun.Go have a go ...lol
hugs have happy week
judex14

Belinda Basson said...

I had my Distress inks stacked too, but turned them on their sides to access them easier. You could try that in your drawer and have the stickers on the top side of the edge.

Hettie said...

Not sure it is safe to try leaving you a message as I was trying to leave one last week when Blogger packed in!! LOL!! Your cards are gorgeous and it was YOUR fault I bought the Birdie stamp as I saw it on your desk! Oh and another one had to be ordered with it so it didnt get scared in the post on its own!! LOL!!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, love the 3 panel cards and the Aspire stamp is one of my all time favourites. I don't think you can make a bad card with it. Peeked at the previous post and love the finished calligraphy project - it looks great framed. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment - it's very welcome. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #62

lisa said...

I love the fact that you know what time it is here in the UK, Shaz and I also still find it amazing that we can chat to each other half way around the world, ain't technology brilliant!!
As always your calligraphy is stunning and I'm not surprised your lady keeps you going with orders, your cards are as stunning too. These panels are a great idea. I must have a go myself.
Happy WOYWW (although it's probably Friday with you by now!!)
Hugs Lisax

Sarpreet said...

i have a tutorial on my blog, in how to schedule a post. You have to go and check back on it the next day in your list of posts, if it says draft, you have to click on it again, and click on publish post and that will normally do the trick.

angelfish said...

What beautiful cards and your skill with the calligraphy is really quite something to see:)
Fiona x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I really must get hold if that Aspire stamp that you two Shaz's are using. So simple and classy. You are quite right, we have been away on holiday. Did not go quite to plan as OH got a tummy bug right at the start, so we did not get more than a very short distance from the caravan all week. The he got better just in time to come home, where I went down with the same bug - not good. That is the 3rd time I have been to North Wales and the third time things have gone wrong. Do you think there is a message there? Due to bugs, we have not got to see the kids and the grandchildren since we got back. Can't wait, but one lot are now in Canada for the holiday of a lifetime.

Joyce across the Pond said...

Beautiful work as usual...I'm fascinated that you leave your gold work to the end but have analysed that it is ok because you do leave a lot of space around the word, is that right?
The three panel cards are simply elegant and boy do I know that feeling of a good customer who never lets you off the hook!!! Not serious of course but sometimes when I have a lot on, well I have to count to ten or twenty or a hundred.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...