Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 26 October 2012

To Trick or Treat?? What is Truth?

Hullo there everyone!

I was trawling though my emails today when I cam across this email from my friend which showed her latest post. Now what is about to be said wont win any popularity contests.

This post Is Halloween a Trick or a Treat? on Anne's blog Inka~A~Doodle~Do has a very good history to the background of it all, from both sides. So if you want really good info with much clearer detail do pop over, please.

What puzzles me is the way it is taken up so willingly these days and put into every nook and cranny of our lives. In fact this often causes me to be very sad as I see so much of here in Australia, and on the net.

Anne's article set me to thinking ~ WHO is the one tricking us into this tricking and treating??? 
Anne points this out clearly, giving good historical and Biblical backgrounds to both views on it.

Flowers from our Frangipani tree - God's glorious creation we enjoy daily!
As to the WHO - there is only one answer:

Jesus Himself said Satan was the father of lies from the beginning!
.. and surely this sadly is another of his lies.

Tricking people into thinking it is a treat to do this sort of thing.

It is not a treat - but a trick!

And as Anne says (and the Bible says too) what is not of God, comes from the one who seeks to deceive us all - Satan.


Anything to take us from the truth of God.
"Jesus said, When you shall know the truth, the truth will set you free...  
..I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by Me." (John 8:32, 14:6)
 


As I said at the beginning of sharing this sort of thing will not be popular. However this is not new.
The Lord Jesus when He came, not all He said and did was necessarily popular.

 He came to tell us the Truth,
 to live in His Life before us that Truth,
 because He is that Truth.
May we all likewise follow Him in that Truth,
all our days,
with all our heart.

"Thank you LORD for the gift of salvation by faith in our dear Lord Jesus Christ.

Please Lord, Open the eyes of those who do not see past temporary pleasures of this world, and look to this gift of LIFE for them. 
Those of us who have sought Your gift of salvation, may we be faithful to You and Your precious Word.                           In Jesus name, Amen. "

God bless you Anne and especially bless this faithful word for Him,

Shaz in Oz.x

4 comments:

Sally H said...

Couldn't agree with you more. I have nothing against the old fashioned games associated with this time of year, like carving pumpkins and bobbing for apples, but encouraging children to take part in Extortion is so wrong morally, ethically and spiritually.

MaryH said...

Thanks for this post! I'll pop over to Anne's and read hers also. What you said is exactly the truth. Unfortunately in the US, this has become a celebrated holiday. I don't think most folks stop to think about what it really represents. And the little kids who enjoy dressing up, getting the candy, for sure have not ever been taught what it is really all about. Some of the churches here, no longer allow participation in such, and on whatever night the goblins are out, have a Harvest or Fall party. Like that idea. Thanks for calling this to mind. Good post. Hugs

Anne said...

You are soooo right and I thank you for cross referencing to my blog too for those interested. Not a popular subject especially when something has been a tradition for so long. But we must not shy from the fact that when we dabble with the occult, just even a teensy-weeny bit, it will one day dabble with us.....spoken by an ex-New Ager and spiritist...ie moi! People who do not know Jesus don't stop believing...they will believe in something....

Anne said...

Forgot to say I LOVE your piccy and scripture of the frangipani tree....what amazing flowers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...