Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Anniversary ~ Vellum 3D + Muted Bamboo Artneko

Hullo there everyone!
I did this 3D card ages ago and always adored it - bought the set at the craft fair in Brisbane about 4 years ago. It was set of four by Romak cards in 3D. I have done them all, but not blogged as yet.
 As I was not well when a 30th wedding anniversary came up, I decided to use this one and add the stickers for 30th, etc. Hand embossed the vellum window of card, with embossing tool and simple grid pattern.
To see how to do more on 3D work look on this post here...
This second photo is for me more than anyone else, as was interested to see how I mounted this one ie what size mini squares used and just how. As really liked how this came off.
Here is another card I did a while ago now... I made it as present for my sister as like to give cards away as gifts!
You can see the method of doing the coloured background is the method with cling plastic wrap and ink by Barbara Gray.

The sheet of SU gloss card was coloured with method shown on above link then stamped with Hero arts Linen look background stamp inked it light grey London Fog, the stamped with the Artneko Muted Bamboo with calligraphy banner stamp in Ranger jet black Archival ink, mounted on black card with a coin from Affleck's in Manchester, UK stash with linen thread.. how loved that shop when there. The gorgeous Japanese washi paper was from "Paperchase" in Man. city, UK also.
I would like to enter this card in Di's Snippets Challenge over at the Playground woo hoo! 
The main piece of this card was in my snippets drawer for few weeks, with no idea what to do as there was blot in wrong spot but decided to trim it; hence used in odd shape and really makes it.


Well, thanks so much everyone for popping over for peek and chat, I will return comments as able still two weeks till new glasses...  
May God bless your day wherever you may be.
 Shaz in Oz.x

I would like to enter these in the following challenges:

18 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Hope your eyes are a little better...slowly but surely I pray.

Lovely cards...Cutting that mat on the bottom one was such a great idea...I think it looks even better than if you had left it as originally intended. The oriental metal piece is so perfect with this image!

Love the vellum window on the first card. Another brilliant idea. Must try that!

Jenny Marples said...

Love these cards Shaz. The first one is so elegant. Hugs, Jenny x

Sally H said...

Wow, Shaz! These are both beautiful, elegant and gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Di said...

Two gorgeous makes Shaz. I love both! Your snippets card is brilliant - love the way you rescued the image and, as already said, I think it looks so good. Great Oriental card!

Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

I love both cards Shaz. Came by this morning to keep you company on the swings!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Myrna said...

Shaz
Both cards are so beautiful.
Myrna

Mrs A. said...

Like these two . Love the 3d effect on the first card and the plastic wrap over the card for the second one is a brilliant idea. Don't know how people come up with these idea. Hugs Mrs a.

brenda said...

Both stunning creations Shaz, but I could tell even from the little thumbnail that the first one was really special and full size it really is.

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

pinky said...

I just love this Shaz! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Irene said...

Two beautiful cards Shaz, I love the decoupage on the first one.
luv
irene
xxxx

Lynn said...

Two beautiful cards, and great techniques. Lynn x

Cathy said...

Hi Shaz, love both of your cards, both totally gorgeous :) Cathy x

Jules said...

Hi Shaz

Loving your cards, as always!!

The first one is extra beautiful. I love the dimension you have achieved on those gorgeous flowers.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Joanie said...

Lovely cards, though my favourite is the first one.

Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Joanie

Lynne K said...

Two stunning cards, Shaz, but the first is definitely my favourite! I love how you've done the embossed panel, and the flowers are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Lynne

Anne said...

Both so very different and both stunning! The oriental is such a lovely layout....superb! TFS! xxx

Joey said...

Two beautiful cards Shaz. I just adore the top one, the vellum panel looks beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Without Words. Joey xx

Delphine said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the dimension and the vellum looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Without Words and good luck! Delphine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...