Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 5 May 2013

Penny Black Stickeroos~ aka Di of Pixie's Playground

First card is a Stickeroo card made some time ago and not blogged 
They puzzled me a little, was not sure how to use this particular lot!
So here is my first effort with Fleur De Lis Spellbinders, Spellbinder greetings 3 + snippet card stock and pearls.
{EDIT - this card just won at PB challenge - Woohoo, thanks so very much!}
Having seen Di's I became all inspired to play with my PanPastels and some ink and stamp on soft smooth card snippet. Above is embossed SU French Script background as did not have paper like Di, so tried making some. 
Used the four colours shown in PanPastels to get that colour ~ laying down first the softest colours, adding lightly and mixing with foam applicator there on left onto card. 
It really was fun. 
Like the brayering I find if you lay down a base colour first they work really well in blending and dont grip colour badly. I am doing a PP tutorial, I will post soon too.
Here is my take on Di's card..
 I printed out the stickeroo image after making a digi image from the Stickeroo above, and made two different, sizes both smaller than PB Stickeroo, which is quite large. 
You dont quite get the lovely gloss of the Stickeroo, but otherwise really good  on a regular printer and card. You just carefully line it up and copy it through twice on high resolution (Canon Inkjet used). Cuttlebug Script folder used also.
Photos taken in courtyard garden.
Then I could not stop! here is the card I made for my sister's birthday tomorrow. I had an extra image left over and some snippets of the embossing in white cut in strips. I didn't want to waste them. So here is a triptych background with a few additions (spellbinder butterfly and SU punch greeting stamped).
Thanks so much everyone for popping over for peek and chat! I really appreciate your comment, and will reciprocate as able ~ may God bless your day wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz.x
I would like to enter:

28 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is beautiful! I love creating with Pan Pastels- they are so vibrant and pretty!

Mrs A. said...

Super duper snickeroos there. Love both of the results. Must get some made. Hugs MrsA.

Contagiously Crafty said...

Your take is very pretty. The layering adds a nice flow to the card making your eye travel to the different elements.

Myrna said...

Shaz
Such beautiful cards and I love the colors. They will be cherished by the person who receives them.
Myrna

brenda said...

Stickeroos are a great standby Shaz and make great cards as these pretty ones confirm.

And lovely blending with your PP's so pleased you are enjoying them otherwise I might have felt mega guilty having led you down that path.

Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More. And I hope you are resting that eye.

B x

Di said...

Hi Shaz! Wow, I feel quite honoured that you CASE'd a card of mine - love what you made (ha, probably better than mine was) plus the other one is a real beauty too.

Do I have to save up for some Pan Pastels now? Sigh, do I really, really? :))

Hugs, Di xx

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, love the stickeroos.
Hugs
Caz x

Di said...

Hi Shaz

It's Di again. Eileen's blog does have a search facility - and mine has the same. If you look at the very top of her blog page, just above and to the left there's a little search box. A lot of people don't realise it's there I must admit - one bloggy friend searched my blog for hours when plotting a surprise, and was gutted when later on she mentioned the fact and I pointed her to the search tool - which I think could be mistaken by many as a general search box - but it does search your blog.

In fact - I just checked and you have it too :)

Hope you aren't overdoing it with that eye girl!

Hugs, Di xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, and wow! Your cards are all lovely. I'm a Stickeroo fan too and so delighted to see your cards and how you've used them ... it looks as though you had fun :) Elizabeth xx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely STUNNING. Just so pretty, and I'm very grateful to have you share with us in our challenges.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

ria gall said...

Hi Shaz
this is a very pretty card and the colours are wonderful. I love how you have blended the pan pastels to reach the finished colour, very pretty
Ria

pinky said...

I just love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

OMG gorgeous,
love love love it,
hugs Tamara

Kathleen said...

Fabulous.

Kath x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz :) Cathy x

Sarn said...

Really beautiful cards Shaz. Very pretty Stickeroo! xxx

Darnell said...

Your cards are simply gorgeous, Shaz! I never even thought about making a print copy of my Stickeroos!! I'm off, inspired!!

Unknown said...

So pretty. Love the lacy decorations on the mats and pearls. Glad to see you had fun with the pan pastels.

Ginny Maxam said...

Great card and tutorial Shaz!! I like using different media once in a while, it makes thing interesting! Have a great day!!
Ginny
Hugs

Lynn said...

Well done, wonderful makes. I think the mat finish of the digi image works well with the softness of the pastels. Lynn x

Juls said...

stunning card!!b great use of snippits!! Hugs Juls

Jo Ann said...

These cards are so awesome. You did an excellent job. Thanks you for blessing us with your gorgeous artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Big hugs!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Simply gorgeous! :O)

Sue - said...

Beautiful cards. Interested to see you do calligraphy. I've been going to classes for the last couple of years with the U3A. Unfortunately the tutor is not too well at the moment so think the class may fold. I see Cairns mentioned as well- I had a pen friend there very many years ago!

scrappymo! said...

What a great idea to print them...I think i would prefer the mat sheen of the printed image! Love your trio of beauty!

Helen said...

Beautiful cards - love the effect of the pastel over the embossing!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi Shaz, did you know that this card won a $20 voucher from 123 Stitch over at the PB Sat Challenge? Here is the link to the post on their website: http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/penny-black-saturday-challenge-june.html

How fantastic! I am so pleased for you!! :-))

{{hugs}} Jocelyn X

Di said...

Well done Shaz - am delighted for you. Can we have ice creams in the Playground now to celebrate? :) Aha, but I do have the lovely stamp you sent as a prize - so you're excused :)

Hugs, Di xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...