Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Upcycling Christmas cards et al

Hullo there everyone!
Well, here is some more of my up-cycling of cards. I think this post takes the cake for making the most of a used Christmas card!!
 Here on left is the original card. 

 On the right, we see the cut out of what is left over. There are the three cards made with three images from the one card. 
Here they are one by one, recipes below. Card 1

Card 1 - Cuttlebug snowflake folder with Spellbinder  classic oval and beaded oval, Martha Steward Pine leaf punch.
Card 2 - Large 5x7 Cuttlebug Snowflake folder with Spellbinders Octagons, MS punch peel off greeting with ribbon/ bling.
Card 3 - Cuttlebug Snowflake border Embossing folder, with same ovals as first card.
Thanks so much everyone for popping over for a peek and chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x

I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges:



20 comments:

brenda said...

Great up cycling Shaz, I always think re-cycling always gives a great sense of achievement and purpose.

B x

Donna Hanley said...

Shaz, What a wonder idea to upcycle. I absolutely love all three cards. I also loved the one you start with. These precious bears just scream Christmas to me. You did a a tremendous job here. I don't think I've seen the embossing folder used on your first card, but I really like it.
I always save my cards from year to year, but I usually just cut out the entire front and use it on a package or a bag, but I never thought of deconstructing it this way. Thanks for a fun idea. Enjoy your week.

Hazel said...

Great use of upcycling, Shaz - you've been busy - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fabulous cards,
love all
hugs Tamara

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz . . . that is pretty darned impressive and very creative and thrifty of you. I commend you!

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Super use of one card = many cards. Did you manage to use the sentiment and the little hearts also. Hugs Mrs a.

Stephanie said...

Wonderful cards, my friend! I like to you the same thing with cards that I have received :) Thanks for sharing - your cards are always fabulous!

Love and hugs!

Myrna said...

Shaz
What a super bunch of cards from the one. I love recycling old cards and your idea has given me some more ideas. I will need to look into some dies.
Myrna

Craftychris said...

These are gorgeous! I love your upcycled cards! xx

Betsy said...

Love these cards. So pretty.
Blessings,
Betsy

scrappymo! said...

Great job on the up cycling! Loving the EF's too!
You did so well to get the three cards from the one original...you deserve an round of applause!

Rose said...

fantastic upcycling :)so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
Rose GD

Stephanie said...

I really like the way you upcycled the Christmas card. The embossing on each card is such a great touch. They are so pretty and will be sure to bring a lot of joy to those who receive them. You showcased the images so well with the die cuts. I also enjoyed reading your testimony at the top of your blog. Isn't it wonderful to know the Lord? Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

G Peplow said...

That worked brilliantly Shaz, upcycling is just brilliant, so much better than wasting resources. Great textural backgrounds, x

MaryH said...

Yep, I think you do get the cake on this one. Great job to get 3 new ones out of just one recycle. I like your thinking! You did a fantastic job on this project...your recipients will love 'em! TFS

Cathy said...

This trio of cards is adorable Shaz, great use of snippets :) Cathy x

Di said...

Amazing to get three cards upcycled from one original - well done Shaz. Not only that, the results are delightful! Love that you showed just how you worked from the original.

Hugs, Di xx

roffeycreations said...

Hi Shaz - fabbo cards - I actually don't get any "bought" cards from people anymore - but your idea almost makes me want to go out and buy a set so I can break them down... Mxx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Shaz .
Love recycling idea .You did really well to get three beautiful creations .
Hugs Shirley-Anne

CreativSpirit said...

Love your up-cycled cards and the fact that you got three from the one card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...