Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 8 May 2013

WOYWW, Christmas Card Upcycle + Sooty Oystercatcher

(Warning - Picture heavy post)

Good afternoon everyone - yes, probably a different time where you are, but hey! one gorgeous afternoon in autumn here!
If you want to come to Oz ~ come in autumn take a look at this ~ down at our harbour!
Boat in harbour - on zoom, from below spot.


 Full zoom to waters edge ~  on the sand with the seagulls is a Sooty Oystercatcher - the black bird in the centre, with the orange red beak, so long and useful (see more info here) feeds on molluscs and crabs etc. fascinating part of God's creation, aren't they? 
Also some lovely flowers in bloom out the front, the grevillea "Birdsong" - called thus because the birds love its nectar, often has blooms which are tendril-ed with juicy delight.
Okay ~ where is WOYWW (What is on YOUR Workdesk Wednesday) you say?

Here 'tis -  please do pop over to Julia's Stamping Ground to join the rest of the crew and learn some things, have a few smiles along the way.
Doing some Christmas cards 'cos way behind schedule on them, and the ones being done dont need fine details, still few weeks before new eye glasses. 
PanPastels with nativity scene done ages ago but not carded up yet, two finished cards, with left over chalks dies etc., from making them. ... plus two monkey say hi as well..
Here is an Upcyplcled card made into two step by step:
One square card saved by rellies from last year - have cut in half to make two cards..
 Card Recipe - Large CB Snowflake Embossing folder, white + purple snippets, ribbon and EK Success arrow punch, bottom one have ODB stamp from Christmas set.
Used PanPastels and SU chalks on greeting above to get right colour.
YES ~ you can mix them. My motto is try and see if it works (within reason of course). Usually you can do things even if some folk say you cant.. or should not.
I will comment as much as able again - thanks for your patience :D you are fab!
Thanks so very much for popping over for a peek and chat ~ and may God bless your day wherever you maybe!
Shaz in Oz.x
I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges:

36 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so clever to re-use your cards. Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz@39

Zue said...

Your Christmas cards look really good. I love your picture of the coast...we have Oystercatchers, though they are not sooty:)

from Sue / Zue
sadesigns@live.co.uk
www.aviewoftheworldfromhere-sa.blogspot.com

xxx
Sue

brenda said...

It does look so tempting Shaz, but there is this little issue of the 20 hour flight.

I hate being up there and avoid if at all possible - I have this theory that if God had wanted me to fly he would have given me wings. But I can swim so figure cruise ships were meant for me.

A lovely collection of cards, especilly like your colour choice.

B x

Helen said...

Great re-cycling of your cards, how lovely they look.. I always love to see your beach when I am staring out at brick walls...!! Helen, 5

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh what beautiful scenes again - your autumn is looking like our spring for sure! Am super impressed tha tyou're doing anything, never mind about detail..and of course, a teeny bit jealous that you are thinking about Christmas so soon. Even if you are 'catching up'!

Di said...

Fabulous upcycling there Shaz - even better to make two cards out of one of your earlier ones :)

Love your photos - it really does look idyllic.

And, I fixed the link fine - have no idea what happened, and you're actually allowed as many links as you wish the way I have Mr Linky set.

It's just limited to three maximum sort of 'on word of honour - dib, dib, dib', on the basis of fairer chances.

For some reason your first link had defaulted back to the title of your blog and not the lovely post you did the other day - that meant your latest card showed up. But, as I said, 'tis all sorted out now.

Always feel free to shout if Mr Linky plays tricks!

And have a lovely WOYWW, probably almost finished over in Oz.

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Love your recycling. See two into one does go!! Beautiful area you live in. The beach looks lovely.
Hugs Mrs A.

Twiglet said...

Oh such lovely photos - I love the birds - we have oyster catchers but not sooty ones. x Jo

Candace said...

Such stunning views

Thanks for sharing your crafty space and have a great week

Happy Crafting
Candace #64

House of Bears said...

Great Christmas cards, we made 3 last night to use up scraps from a December kit. You have some fabulous scenic photos there.

Waving hi from the bears @#79 this week.

Elizabeth said...

Oh my, Shaz, what I'd do to be on that beach right now ... it's too windy and chilly to visit Ayr beach today. Your Christmas cards are great - lovely colours and I like the trees. Hope you are having a great day. Elizabeth x #55

glitterandglue said...

Love the cards - especially the nativity scene - looks great in front of those colours. The pictures down at the harbour are beautiful. Great examples of God's creative ability.
Would love to come to Australia one day - don't know if they would allow hubby on a plane, though, as he has breathing issues! But would love to see where my aunt and uncle live in Chirnside Park, Lilydale.
Trust your sight is still improving after your surgery.
Have a great week.
Margaret (glitterandglue)

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

You are amazing,
stunning photos and beautiful craft work,
hugs Tamara

ria gall said...

Hi Shaz
Oz sure looks lovely at this time of year. I have family living in Oz and New Zealand and I will be meeting some of them for the first time next year.
I take my hat off to you for making Christmas Cards now as I know I couldn't but love what you did with spliting one
Thanks for sharing your desk today, Happy WOYWW hope you have a great week
Ria #42

Sarn said...

Super cards and lovely photo's. HAPPY WOYWW Shaz

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Betsy said...

As usual your cards are amazing. Love the beach pictures. Do you live close to the beach? Both Hubby and I get energized by the ocean, but unfortunately are about an 8 hour drive away so we don't get there very often.
Enjoy your day!
Blessings,
Betsy

Myrna said...

Shaz
I still say you live in the most beautiful place in the world.
Your cards are so lovely and I do like how you recycle.
Your photos are gorgeous.
Myrna

shazsilverwolf said...

Love what you've done with the Christmas cards, and yes, that is gorgeous scenery. Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #118 xx

Unknown said...

Great idea! And love the beach photos. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #96

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Sigh, what a beautiful place your coast is....brings back great memories of my trip to Queensland many years ago!
Hugs, LLJ 33 xx

Jan said...

This work space & pics look great. Thanks for sharing xx Jan (80)

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Shaz
If ever i get to Oz i will be sure to look you up, the harbour is beautiful. We have had a terrible winter over here (uk)very long and only just getting warm now. But oh dear I know the reasons but I cannot 'do' christmas now, as beautiful as the cards are I long for hot summer days :)
janet #31

Sally H said...

Gorgeous photos, Shaz. The sooty oyster catcher is a real beauty. Ours are black and white with an equally useful red beak. They can also be very noisy! Your cards are fabulous. Well done for getting ahead with those Christmas cards

Nan G said...

Oh nice cards. Cool way to recycle too. Love the butterfly one in the post below. Happy WOYWW! Nan G #87

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Shaz
I usually don't get around for WOYWW till Friday as when Julia posts the link I am at work in the evening here in Oz. My day off isn't till Friday then but I'm home sick all this week so here I am just one day late(I couldn't type yesterday due to sore hands and why I am home!!). OMG the harbour looks beautiful...were is it Shaz? Christmas cards already...can you make me some as I am always running late with mine LOL. That Grevillea is divine...must look for one next time we go to the plant nursery
hugs
Annette In Oz #39

Hazel said...

Love the way you've made two out of one (I like doing that) and my favourite crafting colour too - gorgeous cards - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. I also love the photos of your harbour etc x

Craftychris said...

Your photo's are fabulous and your cards are absolutely gorgeous! xx

Kim's Creations said...

Love your nativity scene card but can't imagine working on Christmas cards in the spring.

Anne said...

Love your photos and the birdsong flower is stunning!Beautiful cards and you have matched the colours up so well! Bravo!

Neet said...

Hi There Dear Shaz - Lovely to see the Monkeys again, I really would miss them if they weren't there.
Thanks for the lovely views you send to us each week, I for one really do appreciate them especially as today has been dull and wet (back to normal).
Great cards, cannot believe you are so far on with C Cards.
Thinking about you.
Hugs, Neet 17 xx

Rose said...

beautiful cards and fantastic up-cycleing :)
so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
Rose GD

peggy aplSEEDS said...

such wonderful views! i have some pics of when i was in sydney and i recently posted some on my instagram account. good idea to make two cards and they both turned out lovely!

roffeycreations said...

Thanks for popping by up here in Brissy Shaz - lovely Chrissy cards - happy WOYWW - Mxx #56

Glenda said...

Sorry to be so late in commenting! I love the pictures of the water and those flowers are amazing. Of course I like seeing what you are creating but I keep going back to the water. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs - I envy you! Also like your cards - great.
Gabriele #112

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous photos Shaz! I always love your Oz photo posts.
Your Christmas cards are so very pretty. Off to see what else I have missed lately!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...