Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 29 June 2013

Chris Dark, the Sketching Stamper + 80th birthday

 Hullo there everyone!! Years ago now I bought some digi images from Chris Dark, the Sketching Stamper - she does not seem to sell them now, which is a great shame ~ her blog is here. Here is one of the images ~ Bluebell digi I bought. 
She does have clear stamps of this image from "There You Go Stamps". I bought the set, and they are so VERY disappointingly small, so tend to use digi image anyway! Be good for atc's.
  I had this image printed for ages now, so made quick card up on white deckle card, single mount style:  Forever Friends Petal embossing folders, ribbon with pearls. Coloured with Tombow watercolour markers, mixture of PanPastels and ink on die cuts.
My rule for just trying things with PanPastels is still going just fine ~ have yet to find something with which you can't mix with them when colouring! :D 
 Second card was an order for an 80th birthday, husband and wife, a day apart, so not too masculine, or to too feminine. Stamped disc. Bible verse stamp as requested and had this one done on vellum and card. 
I love this verse in Isaiah, a wonderful book in OT which am reading through now.
.."the LORD is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." 12:22
What a great birthday verse ~ to have the promise of God singing in our heart, to carry us through  when feeling down. His promise to those who are His, "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee".
Coloured the back of vellum, adhered to frame of Spellbinder labels 4, layered on scrap of DP Kaisercraft, cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Cutting Dies Scalloped Labels 1. Embossing folder is in CB Oriental set - basket weave. CB Olivia die for 80, and EK Success Arrow Border Punch, with ribbon. SU punches for stamped greeting.
Thanks so much for popping over for peek and chat, may God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in oz.x 
I would like to enter these in the following challenges:

17 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous cards
hugs Tamara

Unknown said...

Shaz,
The bluebells are so natural looking and the birthday card is wonderfully layered and embossed. The scripture is a favorite of mine.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful artwork with us at WAW.
Psalm 23 Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Myrna said...

Shaz
The bluebell card is so lovely.
You really did a great job on the male/female 80th birthday are.
Such a lovely verse too.
Myrna

brenda said...

Both very pretty Shaz, but as you will probably guess it's the first that is my fav - which would fit our themes at Allsorts and stamping sensation.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Sally H said...

A fabulous pair of cards, Shaz! LOVE the bluebells especially! Thanks for sharing them with us at Stamping sensations for our summer blooms month and good luck!

Mrs A. said...

What a beautiful blue bell image and a shame that it is no longer available. The second card is a perfect choice for both male and female.A lovely combination and a lovely verse. Hugs Mrs A.

Shirley-Anne said...

Two beautiful creations Thanks for sharing on Card Crafter's Circle

Anne said...

Beautifully coloured and so delicate! Bravo! Your birthday card is a wonderful inspiration, just right! Thanks for sharing your creativeness!

Rossella said...

Both beautiful
Rosie x

Cathy said...

Lovely cards Shaz, love the pretty bluebells. The embossing is gorgeous.
Your 2nd card looks perfect for either a male or female, with the comforting verse :) Cathy x

Neet said...

Two very different but equally delightful cards Shaz. Those flowers are so pretty and it looks like a double mount they are on. Very clever.
Hope you are well.
Love
Neet xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards, my favourite is the the first one.
luv
Debby

Di said...

Two fabulous cards Shaz! The post arrived here - wahoo! Thank you soooo much, am off to another funeral this week (staying overnight) so might not be emailing much but wanted you say how lovely of you, mwah!

Hugs, Di xx

Mary H. said...

Two very beautiful cards. Loved your digi one, such a pretty layout to enhance this floral image. Also loved your 80th, what a perfect verse to go with this occasion. The recipients will love it too. Always enjoy seeing how you use vellum so creatively. I've only tried out the P.Pastels once, on my rose & then I sprayed it which totally covered the PP shading!!! TFS & Hugs

Miradormakings said...

Beautiful cards, I love the bluebell image. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Joan x

scrappymo! said...

Two wonderful cards...that bluebell is so delicate and the second card is so strong and layered!

jimlynn said...

Two gorgeous cards! That first card is so beautiful! I'll go check out the images now.
Lyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...