Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 18 November 2013

Jan's Birthday card - Painting made into Digi Image

Hullo there everyone, just a brief post today.
I made this card ages go now for my step mum, Jan's birthday in April. I really really loved it. The focal image is a digi image I made from one of Jan's watercolour paintings. {Just print it out in size you want in high resolution on good card}
When visiting them this painting below was on their lounge room floor, ready to go to an exhibition, and I took this photo on my mobile. Then asked dad if he would email me the photo they always take before framing, as thought it would make a great card. Dad paints too, but mainly oils and have shown his works before too here and here.
As you can see this is nothing like the original one which I printed out for the card the colour is not quite right. Used LOTV sentiment and two types of snippets of DP to match the image. Spellbinder scallops rectangles to mount it and scrap of SU ribbon bow was tied with bow easy.
Thanks all you dear folks, I am very busy and not quite 100% so blogging is limited. I hope to show the calligraphy texts by my class later this week (when have sorted out the images).
Thank you for popping over for a peek and chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be , Shaz in Oz.x
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes.

12 comments:

brenda said...

Really so very pretty and lovely work.

B x

Mrs A. said...

A gorgeous painting and lovely how you have made into a card. I have started doing the same with my oil paintings. Taking a photo of them and then printing off in word onto good quality card stock and making into cards. Hope you feeling better soon. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Oh how beautiful Shaz - it's just perfect and lifted a heavy heart here tonight. Just pain, nothing more. but it does grind one down :(

Hugs, Di xx

Betsy said...

So pretty Shaz and in my very favorite color!
Blessings,
Betsy

Robyn said...

You very talented artist out there!! loverly!!

Craftychris said...

Wonderful painting and beautiful card! You have showcased it brilliantly! I hope you feel 100% very soon - take care! xx

Jo Ann said...

That is such a wonderful image. Nice to see how you used them in a couple of different projects. I am totally blessed by your artwork. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

scrappymo! said...

This is so very pretty Shaz! Bet she loved it too!

How nice that they are both artists!
Like you...

Anne said...

Such a beautiful card from a beautiful painting! Bravo! I do hope and pray you are feeling much better soon. xxx

Jean said...

I love this pretty card, the flowers are such a gorgeous colour.
Jean x

Rossella said...

A fabulous painting and a beautiful card
Rosie x

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Ohhh, this is so pretty Shaz. What a fantastic idea - and I am sure your step-Mum really loved her card and thought it was very special.

{{hugs}} and prayers
Jocelyn x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...