Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 12 April 2015

Gelato Birthday Card + Heat Embossing Printed Digi

A while ago now I received an email from a fellow crafter who live in the Emerald city (Sydney), and RosA of Paperchase (from WOYWW ) said that Big W ( chain of Woolworth here in Oz) had Gelatos on sale. Ros said she had rushed into get them that morning, and also knew I wanted some.
Now it was raining here cats and dogs, (we had storm of over 5 inches in 12 hours to give you an idea) but I rang up and Yesss! they had some and put them aside and went it when it want raining quite so bad.. and bought the big set on sale ($21) and smaller set (9.99)

Set on right are called Tropical and had colours not in big set.. this girl must have a purple :D (photo cut off hot pink at end of the set.)
This set is in the video below and love the swatch set to give yo an idea of what you can do.. it was this video that Ros sent me.

Okay, had to make a birthday card for my darling dad, so here was my collection ... had the top three pieces together in stash. Two of them I had inked at different times, ship image was printed out when making another card..
Snippets collected and took kraft ripple rib sheet sample in Gelato swatch set and my three colours orange, yellow and gold. Forgot to show it when it was coloured but here you see first layer on ridges if you peek close, the  orange..
Rub colour in with your gingers as you add them, they smear beautifully and creamy but dont leave them to set BUT smear them as you colour.
I found that out :D
Okay here you can see all the different colours... the brilliant orange piece of mixed shades was number of inks no idea what and I think I misted them so possibly DI. Used Sizzix Square Lattice EF.
I wish you could see the beautiful sheen on the Gelatos give the ripple card ... it really was stunning. I mounted everything on black card; the background Swirl EF was done with my 8" x 8" folder I cut down to fit in Big shot.. see here.
One last image ..
TIP: This was a digi I made ( with "Black Chancery" by DaFont) but because the background card printed on had slight almost sheen to it making ink slow to dry, I was able to emboss in with clear embossing powder..
Wow, I loved that bit.. I nearly always try unless it is an absorbent card as you can get a good effect.. be quick that's all, you have embossing powder, etc on the ready. If you dont have an embossing buddy you can get recipe here on this post - they make all the difference .. and so cheap to make, I have half a dozen cos misplace them. 
Well, thanks everyone who has taken time to comment, you are really appreciated. Will return visits as soon as I can.
I will not be back for WOYWW this week as things are full on mid week, but, God willing, later on. 
May God bless your day, every one - wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz.x

 "Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith. ..Consider Him... lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds "... Hebrews 11:2,3

Also lingking over to:

1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/ 
2..Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.

20 comments:

Di said...

What a beautiful card Shaz - your Dad is bound to absolutely love it! Loads of lovely texture and lucky you with all those yummy gelatos. I ony have the Tropical set but will be having a play shortly as you renewed my interest!

Thanks for coming to play!

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

New play things Shaz, I am sure you will have great fun with them. Not invested in them as yet, but am loving my Brushos hubby bought me for Christmas.

Hope things are OK with you.

Have a good Sunday or should I say in your parts Sunday evening.

B x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Shaz, those gelatos were a good buy! Haven't seen them in our closest BIG W but am always on the lookout lol! Your digi sentiment looks fantastic embossed too, Cathy x

sharon said...

Fantastic card Shaz, I am sure that your dad was thrilled to bits.
I am always amazed at what you come up with.
I do hope that your week goes well and that things settle down for you and all concerned.
Take care.
hugs
sharon :)

scrappymo! said...

What a beautiful image. Thanks for the tip about embossing them when they do not dry properly. Great tip!

Great card Shaz...I am sure he will love it.

Joanne said...

Love the card you made for your dad, it is always hard to make cards for men and you did a great job.

big hugs from France,
Joanne

Marilyn Mathis said...

Such a beautiful card. Your dad will love it and he will remember the love from you in making it. Hugs.

Craftychris said...

Brilliant card! Love the layers and texture. Lovely image too. I have some Gelatos and haven't used them much, I really should! xxx

Jean said...

Fabulous card Shaz, I love the vintage image and all the textured layers and colours.
Jean x

Joyce across the Pond said...

Lovely card for Dad, Sharon.....trust all is as good as can be for him and you....not bought any of these....you know you can play just like this with gouache.....not going to our spring craft fair in Belfast on Thursday as I would only be buying things I don't need.....having said that I have bought 2 lots of Papertrey recently......take care.

Debbie Harris said...

Such a wonderful card for your dad, very manly. I can remember when I used to make cards always having a hard time coming up with something for a man.
Embossing was one of my favorite things to do on a card. :-) your tip was great.
I have given all my stamping supplies to my two daughters,I couldn't see having it just sit in a closet when they would use and enjoy it all. After all, it was with them that I crafted when they were young and at home.
I love looking at all the creations you dear ladies come up with.

Nice to visit with you this morning.
Bless you, Debbie

Conniecrafter said...

Wow, awesome colors and love the ship image with it!!

Brenda said...

HI Shaz, your card is stunning! I bet your dad will treasure this from his little girl!! Thanks for your encouraging words over on my blog. I pray that you and my hubby both get that miracle. I am sorry that you have to be on a trial, but at the same time thank God that there are trials. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs, Brenda

Brenda in IN said...

This is a terrific male card. I love how you used the gelatos. You sure got some really pretty sets. I used to work at a Woolworth's when I was a freshman in high school. It was a great place but we don't have them anymore. It had everything and a soda fountain!

Sally H said...

A stunning card, Shaz! I am sure your Dad will love it very much. I had a go with a gelato or two at a friends house recently and I think I might need some too! That sounds like a lot of rain! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Hello, sweet Shaz! It's been a long time, but I saw your comment on Debbie Harris' blog and just had to pop over and "visit" you! I love this card and especially love seeing such beautiful masculine cards! Your dad will surely love this one! I love the idea of embossing the sentiment, and what stunning colors for the ship! I have used the gelatos a little, and they sure add beauty to a card. It's certainly far more shimmery in real life! Hugs, sweet friend! Continue to pray for you and your dad!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

What a wonderfully delightful card you made for your dad's birthday. I'm sure he'll be pleased with it. Thanks for the kind comments you leave me on my blog. ~ Abby

Ginny Maxam said...

Beautiful CArd Shaz and thank you for sharing the Video! I haven't tried Gelatos yet but I may now!!
Keeping your Family in my prayers!!
Hugs,
Ginny

Robyn Oliver said...

BIG W kindly sold me the smaller tropical set :-) I figured I could sus them out for that price. Your card is excellent Shaz.

MaryH said...

Great buy on the gelato set, and I can see you've had fun with it. You can also do those direct to rubber, spritz and get a nice look as well. Love that you smeared on the dimensional c/s as you did, a perfect background & layout for the wonderful vintage clipper ship. I've always loved those images, and the 1st 'real decoupage project' I ever did, was of a sailing clipper ship...on wood. Still have it. Hope your Dad's birthday was most happy. Blessings & Hugs. TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...