Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 5 April 2015

He is not here, for He is Risen

Dear Ones, well today is a day of great rejoicing as my title shares. 
First of all, though, thanks to all who care enough to pop over  and say Hi. Things are very topsy turvy here this past month and look like being that way for a while. Blogging will occur as able, but wont perhaps be as active at returning comments, for which I am sorry.
Can you imagine the great sorrow of the women and disciples upon the first day of the week? 
They thought all was lost - Jesus was dead upon the cross of Cavalry, and buried in stone tomb.
"Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
And they remembered his words," Luke 24:1-8 (emphases mine)

I think this image of an empty tomb encapsulates the work of the cross the death, burial and resurrection of the LORD Jesus Christ, the Son of God our sin-bearer on the cruel tree.
A hymn came to mind at our church service today, I serve a Risen Saviour... may it bless your heart as it did mine.
I serve a Risen Saviour by A J Ackley
I serve a risen Saviour, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.

Refrain:
He lives, He lives! Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart!

2 In all the world around me I see His loving care;
And tho' my heart grows weary, I never will despair.
I know that He is leading thro' all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing will come at last. [Refrain]


3 Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ, the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him, the Help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind. [Refrain]

To Him alone be all the glory, honour and praise, with much thanksgiving for Resurrection day!
Shaz in Oz.x

Hymn sung below by Mennonite Youth choir

5 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Lovely post for today. The empty tomb picture is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful, blessed holiday.

Marilyn Mathis said...

Wonderful post about the most wonderful event in history. As I was reading in Matthew this morning I noticed something in
Matthew 28:6-7 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead

The angel told the women

Come..See..Go...Tell

I believe that is a command to us today too. Love ya! Hugs.

Ginny Maxam said...

The Happiest of phrases "He Lives" Christ Jesus Lives Today!! Thank yo for sharing your Easter thoughts with us and I enjoyed the video! Hugs,
Ginny

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful pictures to go with your post, He is Risen Indeed!

Debbie Harris said...

BEAUTIFUL! I especially love the image of the empty tomb looking towards the cross, awesome. What a picture to depict the Truth of God's Word.
Lovely music as I write this.

Have a wonderful week,
Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...