Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Kindness of WOYWW + Distress Ink + Water-colour Paper.

Hullo there everyone.. well, another "desky" share as it is Wednesday again!! and that means the great worldwide Blog-hop around desks of the world for WOYWW or What is On Your workdesk Wednesday.. pop over to our chief's desk for the link up, at Julia's Stamping Ground! 
To my desk:
The most important items on my desk today are from fellow WOYWW-ers. Last week I managed to catch up with RosA, down in the big smoke yesterday after my Dr's visit .. what  treat it was ... a fellow crafter wearing her WOYWW badge! and our meeting is all courtesy of this wonderful thing called WOYWW! Of her bounty there were these lovely papers (YUM!!) two atc's and a hand-carved stamp (how amazing is that?).. see rear image. I showed a doodle  a while ago on WOYWW of a doodle done with mapping pen and India ink when in my teens, and kind RosA offered to make a stamp of it! :D
I really thank you dear friend!

This LOVELY card is from Sandra De of WOYWW - thank you!!
As you can see much bounty from WOYWW-ers. Neet's ATC came after date of last posting ATC's I was unwell at time and so it did not get posted on blog .. but love the shimmery sheen of iridescent colours on this atc so cute! Clever fan ATC is by Sandra De as is the first card up above. Top beautifully made two ATC are by RosA as is the card with die cuts!
My desk.. last week at kitchen sink! Distress ink + watercoloured background - making here for card below. Watercolour paper, wet well, added smooches of pad (Pine needles, Bundled Sage, Mustard seed, Peeled paint) or reinker (Shabby Shutters), smooch with wet cling wrap, spread colours how you like. Heat dried again, then re-wet add more ink if needed, and dry again. Then spray with Diamond Dist glimmer mist to have the lovely sheen.
Australiana Eucalyptus Blossom Ultimate crafts die
with negative die cut in card with second largest die from SB Divine Eloquence. Stamp is from Our Daily bread, Thinking of You set on snippets of card.
Two cards were two from 12 + 1 (all differ as they are all different) made for one family who lost their father and husband, made in six days last week! They are very dear to me will show rest, God willing, over the posts to come.
Similar design with water colour technique background done with DI Spun Sugar, Barn Door Red + Dusty Concord. The diecut is from snippets with Memory Box Prim Poppy, cut twice, shaped differently, with Silicon glue mount. Relief of negative die is cut with largest die in SB Petite Scalloped Ovals, small oval is cut with same die, the "With love" is embossed with similar inks.
Photo from Downunder today is the smallest baby of Eastern Water Dragon, I have ever seen!! I have seen reckon it was just hatched from its egg.. see the blade of grass with sandy grains near front on photo?..
They can grow to about three feet long, their tail is more than two thirds of their body length, when grown. Below is an image from earlier post, a larger baby, his cheeky face is peeking up from our birdbath.


I will comment as able ~ may take 'til next week but will get there :D
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek as chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be!  
Shaz in Oz.x 
The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psalm 23:1,2
Linking the two cards up to:

1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on both cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au. 
3. Allsorts challenge this week, "How does your garden grow?" .. and both these plants grown in Oz, especially Gumblossoms!

36 comments:

Helen said...

You have been very productive! love the stamp that RosA carved, that is so clever (and kind) Happy WOYWW Helen 2

Nikki said...

Amazing what Rosa sent you and those lizards are just so cute gotta live them when they are so tiny hugs Nikki 6

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well,haven't you had some lovely things sent and given to you?! Talk about the generosity of WOYWWers...I came away with loads of bits and pieces from Jo and Annie too :-)
Love your backgrounds...very interesting to hear how you made them!!
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

Virginia said...

Wow seriously productive creativity - love it all happy WOYWW

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards and arty bits on your desk today and I just adore your little dragon :-)
Hugs,
Annie x # 19

Neet said...

The cards you made are gorgeous - love the backgrounds you have used to offset the diecuts.
I just love love love the card by Rosa. That is so delicate and so very very pretty. Lucky lady - but then you deserve it you are so lovely yourself.
Love
Neet xx18

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh baby dragon! How cute - I hope they aren't a nuisance in the garden, that would just be too bad! Ros is a clever gal, that stamp is amazing, such a labour of love. I LOVE to read about Deskers getting together, and I'm so glad that you could have some 'spoil' time after a Drs appointment!

brenda said...

Beautiful and elegant creations Shaz and perfect for our floral garden theme.

Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week. Thanks also for your kind words over at my blog, much appreciated.

B x

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, got some really nice cards and ATCs there and your Aussie cards are wonderful, love the background green and those dies I think I may have seen them in our local shop...look great so might have to invest in a couple. Cheers and enjoy your week RobynO#11

Lisca said...

That is so kind of Rosa to give you pretty thins. That handcarved stamp is amazing!
The smooch technique sounds interesting. I will look into that. Me and ink sprays don't get on, so this might me an easier tecnique to do backgrounds.
Love the dragon photos.
Have a great week,
Lisca#26

J said...

Beautiful cards made with the lovely BGs, must try that with Distress inks, I just blogged about using cling film with brushos, love the poppy card with the cut out, very effective.
Have a great week
Jan no 31

Lisca said...

Here I am again. I just saw that you left a comment on my page. Thanks. Yes, it does get very cold in wi ter. There is a skiing area in nearby Granada. Temperatures are high in summer because of latitude which is the same as Malta and Israel and some Middle Eastern countries. Our altitude (1200 meters) accounts for the cold in winter. Today, sitting in the shade on our terrace, it's lovely. There is a breeze too. As soon as the sun comes around this side I'll go inside and cook a mean lasagna, as requested by my husband.
Those die cut cards are absolutely stunning!
Blessings,
Lisca#26

Lisca said...

Here I am again. I just saw that you left a comment on my page. Thanks. Yes, it does get very cold in wi ter. There is a skiing area in nearby Granada. Temperatures are high in summer because of latitude which is the same as Malta and Israel and some Middle Eastern countries. Our altitude (1200 meters) accounts for the cold in winter. Today, sitting in the shade on our terrace, it's lovely. There is a breeze too. As soon as the sun comes around this side I'll go inside and cook a mean lasagna, as requested by my husband.
Those die cut cards are absolutely stunning!
Blessings,
Lisca#26

Di said...

Wonderful snippets cards Shaz - would you believe I have a 'Prim Poppy' die as a prize shortly in the Playground :)

Love the photos of the little lizards but they make me shudder a bit in real life.

Hugs

Di xx

Twiglet said...

Hasn't WOYWW been a wonderful idea Shaz. We had a fab day with LLJan yesterday. Your post is, as usual packed full with beautiful craftiness and cute little critters! x Jo

Glenda said...

What lovely samples on your desk this morning! Just look at that dragon. Not too sure how I'd feel about seeing that in real life...I'm not a huge fan of the lizard family!
Glenda #33

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, love the die cuts you've used in your card. The cards and ATC's from WOYWWers are amazing! I do love to see all the gorgeous things you create, you are so inspiring with what you do. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #10 xxx

Nannie4 said...

Ooooo, I love the cards! Now I must try that technique. What a cute wee lizard. My grandkids would love to see one of those in their backyard. :) Thanks for sharing your crafty goodness.
Nann4 #35

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi again Shaz, latest updates on my Cancer page are always the one closest to the top.Shaz xxxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So much going on here Shaz, will have to pop back later and have a better look. The cards are gorgeous and the little lizard is very sweet. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 30

sandysewin said...

All those cards and ATCs are just wonderful!

And I love your little baby dragon, so cute. (I imagine they're not so cute once grown, lol.)

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #15

Unknown said...

Your cards are just gorgeous!! Love the backgrounds! And the water dragon is cute, at least at this size. Thanks for stopping by! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #38

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards from others to you Shaz! I love that your friend made your doodle in a hand carved stamps, how special and a wonderful keepsake. I love your backgrounds you have created with the inks, they make lovely cards! Love the photo's of the Eastern Water Dragons-three ft long is pretty big! lol I think I like them better as babies even though I appreciate all wildlife. Hugs, Brenda

MaryH said...

What a wealth of beauty you've shared today. Each one is just lovely, but I can confess that #1's rose is my most favorite! That is a splendid embossed image, made even more lovely with your delicate shading. You've got some nifty techniques done to make each card special (and I almost wavered between the rose & poppy for my fav, but the rose won out!). Loved seeing the little lizard (but you can keep him. Had something similar in Florida, and they would sneak in the house, and scare you at just the wrong time!) Hope you're keeping well, and I can see that you are indeed - keeping busy. God is good, and we have been richly blessed. TFS & Hugs too.

Hettie said...

what a wonderful post Shaz. So glad I came by.
full of love, friendship, beautiful cards and gifts from God in his animals.
I do hope you are well. I would love nothing more than to be able to come and weed your garden for you...just as soon as the flights are free!!
Hugs
xx

peggy aplSEEDS said...

Happy WOYWW and thanks for dropping by!
The wonderful cards and ATCs you received make me envious. Too bad I
didn't get to join this year since I was stuck in an airport that whole day!
Oh, I love those negative die cut cards you made. So pretty! My favorite is the
one "With Love"
Wow, that Eastern Water Dragon REALLY looks like a baby dragon!
Hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

Wendy L said...

So gorgeous, fab designs, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous cards and ATCs from felllow WOYWW-ers Shaz. I love your beautiful cards esp. the eucalyptus one, and what great photos of the little lizard! So nice always to see a bit of your home land. Thank you for for your lovely comment, and your continuing prayers and blessings - and good advice too, which I am trying to take lol! - to let my body call the shots for a while!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #42

sandra de said...

So pleased you like the card and ATC.... Absolutely love your cards and thanks for sharing the technique. Such a sweet pic of your little dragon and those die cuts are stunning. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @32

Ginny Maxam said...

Oh such fun goodies Shaz!! I love the stamp, how kind of Rosa to make that for you!! Your cards are beautiful, thanks for the tut on the backgrounds and I also love your ATCs from WOYWW!!!
Hugs,
Ginny

Sharon Madson said...

Love the beautiful cards made with the reverse die. And wonderful ATCs from your friends. My grandson would love the photos of baby water dragon. Thank you for sharing the verse, too. #49

Mummylade said...

What gorgeous cards and wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for entering in our flower challenge at Allsorts this week.

Ginny Maxam said...

Shaz these cards are really beautiful and the background so unique, thank you for joining in for Word Art Wednesday challenge # 191!
Hugs,
Ginny Maxam DT WAW

Ohhh Snap said...

The stamp RosA made for you is wonderful! The eucalyptus card is stunning, and I love the ATCs you received. And the lizard is adorable : ). Hope the rest of your week is fabulous!#48

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love these posts- the wonderful gifts- WOW- and I love the DI shimmery backgrounds you created. I really love the pink floral colored in white embossed edges- pink is one of my fav colors!

Jo Ann said...

Your cards are all elegant and pretty. Wonderful colors too. We are blessed that you joined our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. There's still time to link your project for this week's Challenge before we begin a new one in a couple of days. Hope you come back! Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 to remind us of this, "For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him." Have a wonderful week!

Hugs always,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...