Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Thursday 17 December 2015

Eamon Henry - Welcome Baby! LOTV Balloon Bear

 Yes, I am still here, and fairly well, yet somehow finding time to blog is harder these days!
I love LOTV and although I dont have a lot of stamps I fell in love with this Balloon Bear last year. When they had free post  to downunder in middle of year I bought it. Was I glad - as now is discontinued!

We recently were blessed with a new little laddie in our family - and for that occasion there was special card required - which is really the reason why I bought the stamp in the first place. This card was CASEd from the wonderful Debby Yates here.

Stamped the image three times on card, and several times on DP for paper piecing as well. Used Versamark and clear embossing; coloured the image on three plain card for layers with Prismacolour pencils and odorless mineral spirits or Gamsol with stumps
You can't see it in photo but there are a total of four layers in the top balloon; no need to colour the covered layers. Adhesive is silicone adhesive like Debby shows on this post here .. but finish mine little differently. I should've taken image side on as well. Dies used are Memory box cloud die and Nellie Snellen baby die, the scallop borders are really Scallop X-cut rectangles but cut as continuous strip. Snippets of DP used - from is SU and Kaisercraft, EF is CB Swiss Dots.
this second card is one of the bleached card I did on this post - showed steps back here (also show how extend rectangle die to make it size I want). The SU Moss green cardstock turned lemon when bleached so really lent itself to this daisy stamp beautifully, coloured with Caran D'Ache pencils.
Stamp is inked in Onyx Black Versafine with clear EP, X-cut rectangle die extended,
Daisy stamp is from Artneko - see here, Happy Birthday is Memory box. Snippet of SU green moss used.

I am not linking up to WOYWW or Smiles this week as wrong day anyway - tomorrow and yesterday were busy. But will share the Aussie shots for those who call by anyway!
These were all taken a few weeks ago when out on overcast sumer stormy day - we have had a few of them in the afternoon of late.


This is a sea water rock pool which was made in 1960's and we as kids really loved to play in it, and is still hugely popular today (although not in cool weather). Love the reflections in the water when you look in the actual pool in this.
Well, thanks for popping over - and staying for a peek and chat.
May God bless your day where ever you may be. 
Shaz in oz.x 

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
 Proverbs 18:10

Linking up to:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
2. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au

19 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh my! That baby card is just too cut! Love it and everything you make. Your Aussie shots are pure delight...especially the ocean. How I long for the ocean and it's an 8 hour drive away.
Blessings,
Betsy

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful baby card Shaz - love that stamp and the way you have used it is gorgeous!!
The second card is beautiful - love that die cut!.
We too have been having afternoon rain and storms of late - hopefully it will be fine for Christmas day as we are having a family BBQ.
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

Great design and colours on your lovely cards Shaz. Many thanks for your visit and warming words.

B x

Joanne said...

Congratulations on the new arrival. What a lovely card and your coloring is great. I must be getting too old, I am having problems reading your posts.....

hugs from France, Joanne

Barb said...

It's lovely to see you around Shaz. Your baby card is beautiful. What a lovely image and I really like the way you have coloured it. Love the bleached flowers - nice and bright and sunny. Barbxx

Di said...

Wonderful baby card Shaz - it's perfection! I love the shole design and the layers must have taken forever! Like you I'm a huge fan of Debby's work and you really did great here.

Did you know I actually visited the LOTV shop earlier this year and met our Kathleen from the Playground there? My, it was like being in a sweet shop - so many delicious things on display. Sadly they have moved to smaller premises and just sell direct online, or you can order and call in to collect - but it's not the same as the chance to flip, fondle and feel the wonderful papers etc. So many craft suppliers are changing how they work lately - a lot of belt-tightening going on in the UK I think!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Oh how rude of me, I didn't comment on your lovely bleached technique card at the same time. I'd love to try this and it's such a beautiful result. Well done and one to try here for sure!

Tee, hee - can't see Len bringing me a pot of bleach to play with in bed though :) Tomorrow I want to use my Polychromos pencils to colour a couple of stamped images - will hide the blending solution from him!

Yup, still bed bound. I did 'wibble/wobble' downstairs in bare feet earlier to quickly make some mackerel pate as the use by dates on the mackerel, cream cheese and lemon were likely to be calling for help if I didn't do it and get the ramekin pots filled and frozen. Job done within just 30 minutes - and we both watched in horror as 'ze foot' went rather red and swelled up a bit in protest! 30 minutes? Good grief - at this rate it'll be scrambled eggs for Christmas dinner!! That is a joke I hope, sigh!

With love and hugs

Di xx

Marilyn Mathis said...

Such a sweet, beautiful baby card! I always enjoy your photos and they make me wish I could visit. :) Hugs.

Anne said...

What a beautiful card for Eamon, a real gift and treasure! Well done! I also love your very clever and pretty flower card. You have been blessed with much talent! Bravo mon amie! Your photos are lovely....I'm wrapped under a blanket in front of our log fire as I write this....!!!!!

Ginny Maxam said...

I hope Eamons' card ends up in a frame!! It is so sweet, love the images and the coloring! Perfect!
Love the ocean pictures too!
Hus
Ginny

Kathleen said...

Definitely one of my favourite LOTV images and a gorgeous card.
Lovely birthday card and some really lovely photo's

Kath x

Liz said...

Perfect baby card, Shaz. Love the LOTV stamp - so cute!

Thanks for sharing the photos. What gorgeous scenery. xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Shaz! I'm always SO delighted to see your wonderful cards linked to our challenges at Word Art Wednesday, and really can't thank you enough for playing along with us. It's a real treat, and I thank you. I want to also invite you to stop by and play along with us at CropStop - always Anything Goes and it would be such a treat to have you share your cards with us there as well. I hope you'll stop by to check it out.
Blessings to you,
Karen Letchworth

Here's the link:
http://www.cropstop.com/blog/uncategorized/linky-party-11-anything-goes/

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful cards, Shaz! I especially love the little bear! So cute! Your bleaching technique looks gorgeous too! And I enjoyed seeing the photos especially since it's so cold here!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that image is just adorable, great dimension and coloring, the clouds and paper are such a great touch with it, Congrats on your new family member... the bleached card is just beautiful, love the colors you added to it! Pretty beach scene, those look like some dark clouds coming in that's for sure.

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Lovely bear card
and awesome photos
hugs Tamara

Sarn said...

Two beautiful cards Shaz.

The bear is so cute, no wonder you wanted that stamp!

The bleached technique is great!

Happy Christmas to you.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Thankyou for your beautiful card that has arrived. Also the scrpure and the handy 2016 calendars. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a crafty time for 2016. Hugs Mrs A.

Cathy said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, love the baby bears image, it's a shame that things have to go "out of print". Your daisy card looks amazing too, love the pretty colours, Cathy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...