Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 28 December 2015

Google Changes - May Lose some Followers from 11th Jan 2016

Hi all just a quick update in case you don't know the latest news from blogger buzz. You may lose some followers in new year. ie those who don't have a blogger or Google account to sign in.
Every blessing of Lord to you all,
Shaz in Oz. (as doing this on mobile will paste it and can't add afterwards)

Blogger Buzz


Posted: 21 Dec 2015 03:02 AM PST
In 2011, we announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs.


As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.


We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

We know how important followers are to all bloggers, but we believe this change will improve the experience for both you and your readers.

Posted by Michael Goddard, Software Engineer

12 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is all new to me...So thank you for the info...

Cathy said...

I was unaware of this too Shaz, so thanks for the info. I guess we'll see what happens mid January, Cathy x

kiwimeskreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiwimeskreations said...

I have posted a similar entry - thanks for the heads up Shaz
Blessings
Maxine

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for sharing this information, Shaz. I was not aware of these changes. Thank you for keeping us up to date!

Betsy said...

Thank you Shaz. I didn't know about this either.
Blessings,,
Betsy

brenda said...

I don't know about all this Shaz, but I know we had a discussion over at the Allsorts DT blog a couple of weeks ago as that weekend we all lost followers as did the challenge blogs, it ranged from single figures right through to about 60 from one.

We decided Blogger was doing some 'cleansing' of non active blogs, but am assuming this will be even more disappearing.

Why on earth do they try and fix something that's not broken ?

Rant over, wishing you a Happy New Year Shaz.

B x

Ginny Maxam said...

Thanks Shaz,I did not know this!
I appreciate the up date. I lost 2/3rds of my followers earlier in the year when I merged my two sites....
Hugs,
Ginny

Ginny Maxam said...

Thanks Shaz,I did not know this!
I appreciate the up date. I lost 2/3rds of my followers earlier in the year when I merged my two sites....
Hugs,
Ginny

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow I hadn't heard about this, makes me sick that they change things all the time and don't tell about it, thanks for sharing!

Darnell said...

Thank you for this information, Shaz! I already lost eight so I'm cringing at what might happen after January 11th. Is this part of the push to get us all to be Google+? I wish they'd leave us old-timers alone! I think Brenda is right, why fix something that's not broken?! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Neet said...

Thanks Shaz - I have copied and posted.
Hugs, Neet xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...