Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Happy Australia Day +Christmas cards - Rudolph Challenge @ Scrappy Mo's

Hullo there everyone ..  happy Australia day, Australia! .. yes it is our national day today
May God watch over and keep this land, and bless all who dwell here, with the hope and joy of His salvation.
However as it is after 25th of the month, I am sharing some Christmas cards for Scrappy Mo's Rudolph day Challenge. You have until the 31st of the month to join in by making one card over at ScrappyMo's - and the prize is a beautiful Memory Box die. 
A great way to get a head start on cards for this coming Christmas :) YAY!
This is really snippets ++++card - stamped the central image many months ago by masking an old tree stamp bought second hand. The greeting is digi and attached onto ribbon with extended tag die.
The theme over at Our Daily bread is use old and New .. well this is a very old LOTV image which ties in perfectly with the ODB stamp in embossed gold stamp from Christmas Flourish set. the Ultimate Crafts Embossing folder bought on sale after Christmas had a first try today and think it is my new favourite folder (called Christmas Tradition).
Well, thanks for popping over - and staying for a peek and chat.
May God bless your day where ever you may be. 
Shaz in Oz.x 
 "But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

As Well as Mo's Challenge Am Linking up to: 
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on both cards http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
2. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au
3. Our Daily bread challenge - Use old and new, first card - old Square dies plus LOTV image and new ODB stamps and EF. http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/odbdslc269-something-new-something-old.html

22 comments:

brenda said...

Great cards for Rudolph Day and the Playgound Shaz.

Have actually made mine, just need to get them posted on my blog.

B x

scrappymo! said...

Two really lovely cards, Shaz! That LOTV image is so pretty. I am so sad that they discontinued the art pads now.

The first one is stunning!

sharon said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, I have been coming on here and admiring your new cards although I have been naughty and not leaving a comment.
So sorry, I have been run off my feet lately although as from Friday life returns back to our normal abnormal life..lol....
Have a happy and creative 2016.
hugs
sharon :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Shaz these are beautiful - love the tree one - sometimes those second hand stamps can be gems - I have a few in my stash!
Blessings
Maxine

Kathyk said...

Two super makes, thanks so much for entering this months Rudolph Day challenge

Kathyk
Guest Design Team Member - Scraps of Life

Barb said...

Two lovely cards from you Shaz. I really like your second hand tree stamp too.

"Happy Australia Day"

Barbxx

Sue - said...

Two great cards Shaz! Happy Australia Day!

Bonnie said...

Love the gold trees! I think I might have that stamp. I need to remember how pretty it is embossed! Love the sweet birdhouse card too!

Brenda said...

Hello my friend! Your tree card is fabulous! I so love those trees, they are so pretty done in the gold. I also love the sentiment, perfect for the Christmas season as people tend to forget just what the holiday really is all about. Your sweet birdie card is just beautiful!! I love that image and the embossing you have used on both cards. The touch of gold is beautiful on that one too. I am all about having Christmas cards done ahead of time! lol Take care Sharon and sending blessings your way! Hugs, Brenda

Conniecrafter said...

Happy Australia day!!!
These are both lovely cards, love the gold accenting against the white and such a pretty image in the second!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great Christmas cards!

Marilyn Mathis said...

Such beautiful cards. I really like the second one the best. I feed birds and love to watch them. Have a blessed day! Hugs.

Betsy said...

Happy Australia Day Shaz! Love the cards and idea of getting a head start on Christmas this year.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pia S said...

Turning snippets into treasure. I really like these and they look like their practical for postage too. Hope your Australia Day is a great one!

Kathleen said...

Hi Shaz, hope you had a good Australia Day, I know my Daughter did, Two fabulous creations, love the gold trees and the cute scene on the second card.

Kath x

Di said...

Two fabulous cards Shaz! Hope you had a great Australia Day!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, two great cards. I love that touch of gold and those trees are just gorgeous. Happy Australia Day!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Happy Australia Day! I love seeing your cards- the trees are just lovely and love the LOTV image- so beautiful!

Sarn said...

I reiterate what Di said. Hope you had a great national day.

Loving your cards.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful cards, Shaz!! I so love the white textured backgrounds, the touch of gold and the sweet LOTV image!! Thanks for sharing with us at ODBD!! Enjoy your national day!!
hugs and blessings,
Chris

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love your cards, especially the one with the gold trees on. I wish you a belated 'Happy Autralia Day' x

Berina RGA said...

Both cards are awesome!! Love the LOTV image!! It's so sweet! Thank you for sharing with us at the Rudolph days challenge.
-Berina
Moxie Craftie
Rudolph Days Challenge DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...