Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Word Art Wednesday Guest Designer - Jan 2016

For WOYWW post - see post below ... thank you! 

  This is my second post as a guest designer for January. 
I love this challenge and the Design Team is a great team of talented card makers. I thank them for asking me to join their team for this month :D
So here is my offering - two cards in all for this week (again :D I cant help myself - these are such great verses, I do so love it again).
Used the SB Majestic Labels 25. I cheated in the middle crimson die. **It does not have an inner die to make a frame. I cuttled it with the second smallest die which does have slight rolled the pin pricked edge to it. 
Cut the pin-prick edge off, shape carefully into the nice roll of edge. Looks like it was made as frame.
When printed verse, as the card was shimmery card, able to emboss it quickly.
1. Before putting it in printer use embossing buddy (hand made one, see this post)

2. Have embossing powder (clear) + scrapsheet to catch waste powder ready.

3.As soon as it is through printer, sprinkle embossing powder.

4. Heat emboss as normal. It works for any glossy card. Will not work on matte card.
  
This card has already been mailed yesterday. The one above is going to Japan for Missionary lady's February birthday from our church.
The digi of the birds is a Nicecrane Birds and Blossoms digi, and also the file is a transparency I overlayed it in Word on the bird digi. Printed it out on the special coated inkjet paper on high resolution. Triple mounted it, then added the two embossed pieces.
The one on the left in gorgeous inky coppery hue is from my snippet drawer. 
Been struggling to recall what ink I used on it .. so creamy and sheeny. It is on cheap piece of card from a sock packet too!! I used TH Dots Matrix EF, debossed. The other (embossed with CB Moroccan Screen) is the lovely Kaisercraft Metallic Emerald card you can buy at Lincraft in Oz. I go to big smoke tomorrow to catch up to with
RosA of WOYWW :D and hope to visit there again, God willing.
This is the png, file, large size and transparency if you right click for download this is the best one for use.
This is a smaller file in jpeg format.. open it up by clicking on it, then right clicking so save think will work best. It is not transparent and will not overlay.

 Don't you love Isaiah? I do .. it is in the old Testament my favourite, along with Job and of course the book of Psalms.
 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight;
 I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron. Isaiah 45:2 
What powerful imagery there is in these words!
.. of the power of our LORD God and how He goes out of His way to keep those who love Him and serve Him. We are so unworthy of His love and care..

But He gives it freely when we come to Him.

Coming His way, not our own way, for forgiveness through the cleansing power of the blood of Christ.
This daily such a comfort and blesses my heart.

In times of unwellness, which often seem to be there - His love and watch-care enable me to go on.
He makes those crooked troublesome paths straight!
He tears down those boundaries/ strongholds to His will in our lives!

"I love you, Father. I thank you for the riches of Your love in Jesus, Amen."

 Well, thanks for popping over - and staying for a peek and chat. May God bless your day where ever you may be.
 Shaz in Oz.x

Linking up to:

1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on both cards http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/

2. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au

21 comments:

Betsy said...

Those cards are beautiful Shaz and that is one of my favorite Bible verse. I, too, love the Psalms and read from it everyday. Thank you for sharing your beautiful talent with us.
Blessings,
Betsy

Neet said...

Such a beautiful verse Shaz, very thought provoking in so many ways an so appropriate for me right now.
Love the cards you have made, both of them are stunning,
Yes, they were dem'ing the small Misti and I could have played along with that one at the show but still like the middle one. Suppose the large one is good for scrapbookers but you need a fair bit of room on your desk to use it.
Hope all is well with you and your family. Think about you often.
Hugs, Neet xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Shaz, love the die cuts in the top card, and the way you have integrated the scripture in the second. I print on vellum and emboss it too - plain printing smudges, so a fast cover with ep and then heating it gets a wonderful finish.
Blessings
Maxine

Bridget Larsen said...

I can never tire of these dies, I have a few stashed away and used sparingly hahahha
Bridget #1

Barb said...

Congratulations on being Guest designer Shaz. Two absolutely beautiful cards. I like how you improvised on the first and I love the dies. The second is a beautiful image and I like the way you've placed those lovely embossed pieces. What a good idea for the anti static pad. I'm going to do that. Barbxx

Joanne said...

congratulations on being guest designer Shaz. It got me inspired and I also added a card to that site via my blog. I didn't use a religious saying though but just a nice stamp I had.

hugs,
Joanne

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, lovely cards as always. Those die cuts are so intricate, I love them. Have a great week, hugs, Shaz #16 xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congratulations on your WAW GD! Well deserved! You've made two beautiful cards! That's a wonderful scripture! Both cards are gorgeous but I love the one with the birds!

Sharon said...

Beautiful cards!

Sharon K #52

Unknown said...

I LOVE your cards!!! Great Scripture! And how fun to be on a design team! Hope you have a most wonderful day!
Carol N #51

Ginny Maxam said...

Such Beautiful CArds Shaz!!! I am sure they will be loved when received!!
I Always enjoy reading your posts!
Hugs,
Ginny

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Shaz,
Both cards are absolutely beautiful. The detail is amazing. Congrats on being on the Design Team. Very cool!

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy WOYWW
Peace,
Kay (12)

Conniecrafter said...

I never knew you could emboss out of the printer even on glossy paper, that is cool and such pretty framing. Your second card is so lovely, wonderful image and lovely colors in the background dry embossing, perfect with the image! Great verse and yes great imagery to it, so sweet of you to share it with us.

Pia S said...

I do love sentiment only cards and as I'm no coloring expert and not always in mood for coloring I love to have this alternative. I could do with some more sentiment stamps though. Your card is so beautiful with all those intricate die cut patterns,
The one with birds is beautiful too, feels so peaceful and delicate.

Anne said...

Gorgeous cards! So detailed and o lovingly made. They are superb! I think Nicecrane have closed shop because their website has been taken down so you have been blessed with getting those lovely birdies! Bravo on your WAW DT entry, I think it is lovely that you have been recognised. Bravo mon amie!

Glenda said...

It is always so nice to be able to come visit for a small spell! Love your cards and the first one is very special to me! Glenda #31

Natalie said...

Both cards are so beautiful. I especially love the way you've used the dies on the first card, LOVE the way it frames out the Scripture. Wonderful and encouraging word you've shared, too. Blessings!!

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Shaz! It's a quick call from me today as I'm late commenting in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic work
hugs Tamara

Hettie said...

Wow Shaz not one but two stunning cards you have created. I love them both. The first one with all the layers is just wonderful and that red is such a lovely colour. I love the image on the second card too.
Have a good weekend.
xxx

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Both of these are stunning! Absolutely gorgeous layout, amazing layering, and such a beautiful elegance in the first card! The second card is equally fantastic as the first! I adore the bird image along with those colors, that copper is outstanding! I also am loving the embossed pieces! You are so super talented and it was such a pleasure having you as the Word Art Wednesday January Guest DT Member!
Hugs,
Charity
www.collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...