Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 13 February 2017

Penny Black "Bejeweled" Layered Stamping

Well, it is about time I moved into the computer room to do something... it is has been heatwave here for last three days or four! So little done that wasn't necessary... phew, praise God, for the cool change! 
Bad fires in some parts out west of NSW, so I'm praying for all those hardworking farmers, who lost homes and stock and feed. So heartbreaking. Pray for them!
First layers of greens going down - with mini Misti stamping the PB Bejeweled Used Distress inks and Tombow watercolour markers too, and spritzed them before stamping, very lightly.
Flower: Base of DI Tumbled Glass, Tombow purple + Seedless Preserves DI
After test run starting on card proper .. this as a very special card for my sister's birthday. I was using some very beautiful, but expensive linen card, from UK. Bought twenty sheets of it. As I used two on this card, will have to be selective in use, hence trial runs first.
Added some script stamping over background (smudged off some of ink in certain spots) with SU French Script and Memento London Fog. Used Blue PanPastel for the edging highlight.
Three toppers haven't been made up yet, as had to make other cards... here is finished card. Used Poppy Stamps Fancy Happy Birthday, triple mounted on it.
EDIT: this card above was awarded a top five place over at Allsorts .. Wowee!! :D

 
Penny Black Wonderful Day clear set.. did this for a friend, and 3D-ed as I love to do, mixed coloured with pencils + Promarkers. Papers are Digis, have lost original file (in a clean up, bad me), so no name. SB Marvellous Square, largest die also used. Ribbon from stash.
May God bless each of you this day in all that you do - and thanks for popping over and saying hi - you bless my heart, 
Shaz in Oz.x 

A special welcome to these wonderful bloggers who've so very kindly joined this blog .. so very much appreciated, each of them! :D

2. Janis' blog .. love the name of thishttp://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com.au/
4. And due to Bloggers shenanigans, of dropping folk off list of followers, Kath had to rejoin.. http://handmadebykath.blogspot.com.au/
5. Denise Bryant, who doesn't have a blog yet. 😊
6. long time visitor who also rejoined Aileen of http://colourandsparkle.blogspot.com.au/
7. a newbie blogger Anne of http://cobnutcrafter.blogspot.com.au/

You will learn much from these clever crafters.. a pleasure to visit..
.... so do pop over to their blogs and give them some encouragement! 

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword,... and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12
Joining up with:
3. Penny Black try something new - first card, neve stamp and never used with layering before like this http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/pbsc-february-try-something-new.html
4. Hearts and flowers - Allsorts shallenge - flowers on both PB cards  http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/week-402-hearts-andor-flowers.html
5. Penny Black - use your favourite stamp - both cards are favourite stamps, one is new favourite second one is an old favourite .. as are all my PB to be truthful as dont have large number!
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/february-use-your-favourite-stamp.html
6. Anything goes over at https://artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/challenge-172.html
7. http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/challenge-237-rhinestones-andor-ribbon.html (ribbon on second card)
 Happy little stampers *watercolour challenge http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2017/02/hls-february-watercolour-challenge.html
*as used linen cardstock I did watercolour pens on some of this flower plus spritzing with waterbased inks to stamp.

28 comments:

Pen Sunshinepen said...

I have this stamp and think it is great one from Penny Black. Love what you have made with this stamp. x

brenda said...

Beautiful colours and stamping on all cards SHaz (bejeweled is a fav of mine as well), thanks for much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge with your favourite stamps.

B x

Kath said...

Fabulous cards - love the PB flowers and the vibrant colours you've used.
Kath x

Chris said...

Both cards are beautiful...the hedgehog is a little sweetie and the colours you've used are lovely, so bright and cheerful. The floral card you made for your sister is outstanding, such beautiful stamps and stamping.
Chris
x

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card at Allsorts 'HEARTS AND/ OR FLOWERS' challenge, good luck in the draw. ♥
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Esther Asbury said...

Saw your link on WAW and wanted to pop by and say your card is absolutely beautiful!!

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Shaz, gorgeous floral card, wonderfully coloured and I love your second bright and cheery card with the sweet image, Kate x

Pia S said...

When learning about the misti for the first time I sort of knew that I'd probably need to get one too. I've waited, hoping I was wrong lol. but I think I'll get one next time I'm shopping craft things. It seems people are very happy with them, and I see the use of it for stamping with different colored inks. I must say I absolutely love your new flower stamp. And you've already made different looks with it. The blue one, the finished card, is very beautiful, great touch adding the script too and mounting onto several layers of panels. Simple beauty!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have hear at the TV of the hot and the fires in Australia... So sorry!
Your linen cards are just pieces of art!!! Great flowers stamps, fabulous colours and the spritz of water really gives life to them!
Lovely hedgehog card, too, so colourful and sweet!

Barb said...

Two wonderful cards Shaw. The hedgehog is so cute and a bright and happy card. The PB floes are absolutely stunning. Great work. Barbxx

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous creation Shaz, especially love the first card, wonderful colours.
Thank you for joining our 'hearts/Flowers' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

cotnob said...

These are beautiful Shaz, fabulous stamping and adorable hedgehog - super cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

scrappymo! said...

Great cards shaz. The one for your sister is so pretty. I can see how the Misti would be good for this layers type card.
I have a Misti but not tried it yet. Hopefully this week.
Second card is lovely...love Penny black cards!

sharon said...

Hi Shaz, I love the cards that you create with the stamps, I wish that I was clever like you.
I am sure that your sister will be thrilled with her very special birthday card.
Have a wonderful week.
hugs
sharon :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Ooooh what beautiful cards Shaz - love the floral toppers, especially the finished card!! Those hedgehogs are gorgeous!!
Blessings
Maxine

Janis said...

Hi, Shaz....

Your florals are just exquisite!! Bejewelled is a lovely name for that stamp and you have made such gorgeous panels with it. LOVE the colors you used.

I am so glad to be a new "encourager" on your blog....what a lovely term for your followers!! Thank you for introducing me along with the other new followers. One small correction: you have my J.Woolbright combined with someone else's name and blog. No worries. You can find my blog at the end of my comment. :) Blessings to you this day!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful card design!! Happy birthday to your sister. The flowers are gorgeous! The script background adds a nice charm!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow those flowers turned out just beautiful, I love the softness of the script with it and the finished card is just lovely, she will be so pleased to receive the lovely creations. That penny black stamp is just the cutest, I have a similar one of him running with an envelope and they just bring a smile to my face, love the coloring and fun papers to go with him :)
So sorry to hear about the fires, but good to hear you have a bit of a cool down now.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous floral cards! I appreciated your in action demonstration of how you made the cards. That helps me better understand why someone would want a MISTI.

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful cards!!! thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Shaz
Fabulous cards... love them both
Thanks for joining us at PBSC
Hug someone Sylvie xx DT
I am your new follower

Gibmiss said...

Sorry Shaz I am already following you xxx
Sylvie x

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous flowers!!! And the hedgehog card is so cute and fun!!!!

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic cards! Thank you for sharing your pretty watercoloured floral card with us at HLS Watercolour Challenge.

Rema DeLeeuw said...


Gorgeous creation!Thanks for playing along at HLS Watercolour Challenge.

Aileen said...

Shall, what a wonderful collection of cards. I need to try that Misto trick with a couple of stamps I have from Penny Black, the cards turned out so perfectly. I tried doing with markers and water but kept stuffing up. Love the hedgehog card, so many hedgehogs and cats and little people and and and
They are all perfectly done.

Whisper said...

Oooo absolutely stunning and thanks for the tutorial too - after seeing it, i am seriously thinking about getting a Misti ;-) and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet PB stamp.#
Thank you for sharing at Penny black & More 'Favourite Stamp' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...